What is Fastsearchanswer.com?
Fastsearchanswer.com is a browser hijacker that aims to make income by redirecting you to sponsored web pages. You will find that your browser’s settings have been changed and that you are encouraged to use a rather dubious search engine. Browser hijackers redirect users to sponsored websites and in that way generate pay-per-click income. In some cases, hijackers can even lead users to malware.
So you need to be extra careful while Fastsearchanswer.com is on your computer. As for how you managed to pick it up, it came together with free software. Essentially, you installed it yourself. It used a rather sneaky method, but you still allowed it to install. Which is why you need to pay more attention to software installation processes and learn better habits. We strongly recommend that you remove Fastsearchanswer.com, as it has no place on your system.
Why is my computer infected with Fastsearchanswer.com?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software and are hidden, which allows them to install without the user noticing. When you install free software from the Internet, you need to make sure you prevent the attached items from installing. If you do not deselect them, they will install automatically. As was the case with Fastsearchanswer.com installing onto your computer. You need to select Advanced (Custom) mode when installing freeware as that is where the added items will be visible. Uncheck the boxes of the added items, and you can proceed with the freeware installation process. Do not choose Default settings as added items are not visible there, and opting for those settings is like giving added items the permission to install. If you do not want to end up having to delete Fastsearchanswer.com or similar, always choose Advanced.
Why uninstall Fastsearchanswer.com?
As soon as Fastsearchanswer.com enters your computer, it will change your browser’s settings and set Fastsearchanswer.com as your homepage and new tabs. It will not ask you to permit the changes and you will not be able to undo them unless your first delete Fastsearchanswer.com from your computer. It should also be noted that browser hijackers can usually affect all major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You will be presented with a search engine. It appears to be very basic and might not set off any alarm bells but you need to be cautious. It inserts sponsored websites into the results so that you would be redirected to those sites. This is how pay-per-click income is made. You might even be exposed to a malicious site and end up with malware. We suggest you uninstall Fastsearchanswer.com.
It should not be difficult to remove Fastsearchanswer.com from your system, if you can locate it. Finding it is the hardest part, which is why manual Fastsearchanswer.com removal might be difficult. If you are having trouble, you can employ a reliable removal tool to erase Fastsearchanswer.com for you. That would the quickest option as the program will be able to locate Fastsearchanswer.com.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Fastsearchanswer.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Fastsearchanswer.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fastsearchanswer.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fastsearchanswer.com and related programs.
Remove Fastsearchanswer.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fastsearchanswer.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fastsearchanswer.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fastsearchanswer.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fastsearchanswer.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fastsearchanswer.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fastsearchanswer.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fastsearchanswer.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fastsearchanswer.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fastsearchanswer.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.