Favoritesearch.org is a browser hijacker, capable of altering your browser’s settings. It must have entered your computer when you installed free software. When freeware has something attached to it, that something needs to be deselected to stop it from installing. So if you rush through the installation process, chances are, you will end up missing it. Hijackers are not malicious and they usually do not harm computers directly. However, they do change browser’s settings and attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages. Some hijackers also track browsing sessions and collect certain kind on non-sensitive information. It should also be noted that in some cases, a hijacker can lead you to malicious pages where malware could be lurking. This could lead to a serious virus infection. Remove Favoritesearch.org and you will be able to go back to usual browsing.
How does Favoritesearch.org spread?
Browser hijackers spread together with free software. This is referred to as the bundling method and means that hijackers are attached as additional items. They are set to install automatically so if you want to prevent these unwanted installations, you will need to manually deselect them. What you need to do is use Advanced or Custom settings during freeware installation. Those settings will allow you to view what has been added and you will be able to deselect it/them. Do not rush through the installation process because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted items. Having to delete Favoritesearch.org may be difficult to it is best you prevent it or similar from installing in the first place.
Why uninstall Favoritesearch.org?
Favoritesearch.org will become your homepage on all your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These browser’s setting changes will be carried out without your permission and you will not be able to undo them unless you first remove Favoritesearch.org from the system. Until them, whenever you open your browser, you will be led to Favoritesearch.org. It does not look suspicious but the mere fact that it set itself as your homepage without your permission should set off alarm bells. We do not suggest using the provided search engine as it may insert sponsored sites into the results so that you would be redirected to them. After all, redirecting is one of the main reasons why a hijacker even exists. While this does certainly seem irritating, it can also be dangerous. You could be redirected to a malicious page and end up with a serious malware infection. You need to delete Favoritesearch.org for your own security.
There are two ways to uninstall Favoritesearch.org, manually or automatically. We will provide instructions on how to manually erase Favoritesearch.org but if you are struggling with locating the hijacker, we suggest you obtain professional a removal program. The program would take care of Favoritesearch.org removal for you and you would not need to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Favoritesearch.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Favoritesearch.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Favoritesearch.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Favoritesearch.org and related programs.
Remove Favoritesearch.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Favoritesearch.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Favoritesearch.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Favoritesearch.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Favoritesearch.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Favoritesearch.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Favoritesearch.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Favoritesearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Favoritesearch.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Favoritesearch.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.