About this hijacker
Fidonav.com is a browser hijacker that will hijack your browser and make unwanted changes. Hijackers usually use software bundles to spread because then users would not be aware of the installation. You must pay attention to what you install onto your computer, and how you do it if you want to prevent these unwanted installations.
Hijackers will change your browser’s settings so that their promoted websites are set as your homepage/new tabs, and this is done without your permission. Hijackers also tend to redirect users to sponsored sites because that is how they make money. While they are not malicious infections, some hijackers are able to lead users to dangerous sites where malware could be encountered. If you happen to be led to such a site, you could easily end up with a malware infection. You should make sure you delete Fidonav.com as soon as possible because of this.
Hijacker distribution methods
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as extra offers, and in order to deselect them, you need to pay close attention to how you install programs. When installing anything, make sure you pick Advanced or Custom settings. Those settings will make added offers visible, and if you do not want them, simply uncheck the boxes. We would not recommend installing any of those added offers, and you should deselect everything. Do not use Default settings because they will not allow you to check for or deselect anything. If you want to avoid having to uninstall Fidonav.com or similar later on, always chose Advanced.
Why remove Fidonav.com?
The hijacker will change your browser’s settings so that its promoted site is your homepage/new tabs. You will not be asked to authorize the changes, and they will be irreversible unless you first delete Fidonav.com from your computer. Until you do, every time you launch Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to that site. The page is very different from any typical search engine site, it has a photo background, links to services like Amazon, Netflix and Wikipedia and a search engine box. The search engine you will be forced to use while the hijacker is present is Bing, and while it’s a completely legitimate search engine, if you did not choose to use it, you should not put up with it. Stay vigilant and be careful of sponsored links, which could lead to some dangerous sites. And the sooner you uninstall Fidonav.com hijacker, the better.
You can easily remove Fidonav.com manually, and we will provide instructions below this article to help you. If you prefer automatic Fidonav.com removal, obtain anti-malware software and have it take care of everything. After the hijacker is eliminated, you can freely change your browser’s settings back.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Fidonav.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Fidonav.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fidonav.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fidonav.com and related programs.
Remove Fidonav.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fidonav.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fidonav.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fidonav.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fidonav.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fidonav.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fidonav.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fidonav.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fidonav.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fidonav.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.