What is Find.info?
Find.info is a browser hijacker that can replace your home page and default search provider without your notice. It is compatible with all web browsers, so it does not matter which one of them you use, you will still have to deal with the hijacker’s symptoms. These symptoms are not limited to the settings modifications. They also include various advertisements, redirects, Internet slow downs, and more. If you want to go back to swift and uninterrupted online surfing, you will have to get rid of Find.info. There is no reason for you to hesitate with that.
How does Find.info work?
If you have encountered browser hijackers before, you should have already noticed that Find.info does not differ much from other programs of this type. Once it takes over your settings, it replaces your home page and default search engine. The Find.info website contains a search box, date and time, local weather icon, and links to Privacy and Terms and Conditions. The site is presented in Spanish, which leads us to believe that the hijacker is also targeted towards the Spanish-speaking computer users. If you enter a term into the search box, you will get rerouted to Google.com, however, these results may include additional sponsored links.
While on the subject of sponsored data, you will encounter pop-ups, banners, coupons, and other ads no matter which site you visit. These advertisements will slow down your browsing. They will also expose you to virtual scams. You should not click on any commercial data as long as the hijacker is still present in your system. Clicking on fake ads and trusting corrupted pages, to which you may get redirected, could lead to such unwanted outcomes as infecting your computer with malware, suffering financial losses, disclosing your personal details to unreliable sources, and so on. If you want to make sure that you do not have to deal with any of these consequences, you should terminate Find.info right away.
How to remove Find.info?
Find.info removal can be completed by using one of the two following methods: manual or automatic removal. If you choose to erase Find.info manually, you will have to uninstall its related application and fix your web browser settings. You can do that by following the instructions presented below the article. If, on the other hand, you want to not only eliminate Find.info, but also get rid of other threats that may be present in your system, you will have to implement a malware removal tool. The utility will scan your PC, detect all unwanted files and programs, and remove Find.info along with them. It will also ensure your computer’s safety in the future by providing it with online protection in real time.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove find.infoUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall find.info. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like find.info and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall find.info and related programs.
Remove find.info from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall find.info from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete find.info from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove find.info from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for find.info or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete find.info from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase find.info from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove find.info from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall find.info from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable find.info and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.