Find.rockettab.com Removal Guide
Find.rockettab.com is a browser hijacker that enters your computer together with an advertising-supported application called RocketTab. This program has an official site, rockettab.com, where it is promoted as “the best, fastest and most comprehensive local search experience possible.” And yet, if you click on the Download button, your browser will inform you that this page has been reported to contain unwanted software.
The browser extension cannot cause any harm to your PC on its own, so you should not be too worried, if it is already in your system. It will, however, disrupt your online surfing and expose you to unreliable web content. We suggest that you delete Find.rockettab.com and RocketTab without delay.
How does Find.rockettab.com work?
Find.rockettab.com replaces your home page and default search engine. It is compatible with all major browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. The page itself only contains a logo and a search box. The search results that you will get if you make use of your new search engine will include sponsored data. You will also see various adverts on other sites that you open. It would be best to stay away from them, because not all of them can be trusted. If you click on a fake ad, you may end up on a corrupted page and infect your computer with potentially unwanted or even malicious applications. If you want to make sure that does not happen, you should get rid of Find.rockettab.com.
Although the hijacker’s related application has an official page, it is entirely possible that that is not how it ended up in your system. You may have not noticed the offer of changing your settings during the installation process of some other freeware. It is important to be attentive during free software installation, because more often than not it comes with additional offers of not-so-useful programs. If you want to avoid them, you should always choose Advanced or Custom mode and deselect all applications that are unfamiliar to you.
How to remove Find.rockettab.com?
Luckily, you should not have any difficulty with manual Find.rockettab.com removal. All you need to do is uninstall RocketTab from your computer and then reset your Internet browsers. Instructions on how to complete these tasks are presented below, in case you need them. Alternatively, you can delete Find.rockettab.com automatically. Download the malware remover from our page and use it to scan your system. It will detect all potential issues and eliminate Find.rockettab.com along with them. With the help of the security tool, you will be able to not only remove Find.rockettab.com and other threats from your PC, but also make sure that it stays safeguarded in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Find.rockettab.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Find.rockettab.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Find.rockettab.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Find.rockettab.com and related programs.
Remove Find.rockettab.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Find.rockettab.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Find.rockettab.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Find.rockettab.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Find.rockettab.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Find.rockettab.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Find.rockettab.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Find.rockettab.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Find.rockettab.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Find.rockettab.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.