What is Fluey Search?
Fluey.com is one of those applications that slow down your computer and make it very difficult to work like you are used to. That is because it is a browser hijacker. If this is the first time you see one, do not worry too much: you will be able to get rid of it in no time if you acquire a legitimate anti-malware and anti-spyware tool. But first you should read everything about this PUP (potentially unwanted program) in order to understand how it works so that you could avoid browser hijackers in future.
At the moment, you may experience some difficulties because your default search engine, home page, and new page tab are set to Fluey search, and this search engine is not really practical. Its results are far worse than the results of a legitimate engine like google.com, yahoo.com, or bing.com. It has usurped all your browsers, even if you have several of them. Its main targets are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Remove Fluey.com from your PC entirely to retrieve your safety and convenience.
Why is Fluey.com Search dangerous?
How did my computer get infected with Fluey Search?
In order for this kind of infection not to happen again, you should not go to suspicious webpages where malware is usually spread. These sites include torrent and similar file sharing websites. The browser hijacker is bundled with freeware that the user downloads, and it is difficult to notice it. Moreover, regardless of where you download software from, pick the Advanced or Custom installation type so that you would have more control over the process. We should also mention that there is a button on the page that makes it possible to make the hijacker your homepage but not many people take this careless step. As for now, delete Fluey.com so that more viruses would not be downloaded.
How to remove Fluey.com from my PC?
You can remove the hijacker automatically if you have a reliable anti-malware and anti-spyware application (if you don’t, download one). If you have a good security tool on your PC, Fluey.com removal will not be difficult at all.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Fluey SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Fluey Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Fluey Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Fluey Search and related programs.
Remove Fluey Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Fluey Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Fluey Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Fluey Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Fluey Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Fluey Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Fluey Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Fluey Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Fluey Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Fluey Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.