What is Funnypage123.com?
Funnypage123.com is a browser hijacker that will alter your browser’s settings without your permission. It is completely identical to many other hijackers, including funnysite123.com, luckypageing123.com and startpageing123.com. It will not harm your computer as it is not a malicious computer virus. However, that does not mean it will not do anything. As soon as it installs onto your computer, it will change the settings of your browser and try to convince you that it is a reliable search engine. If you are wondering how it managed to install onto your computer, we can say that you probably allowed it to install yourself. It was bundled together with free software and when you installed it, you did not notice Funnypage123.com attached. If it has indeed hijacked your computer, we suggest you uninstall Funnypage123.com as quickly as possible.
Why do I need to remove Funnypage123.com?
Just like all browser hijackers, Funnypage123.com was bundled together with free software. This is a very common distribution method among unwanted item developers. Not many users would willingly install a browser hijacker knowing what it is. That is why a rather sneaky method is used. When installing free software, you must choose Advanced or Custom settings because that is where the bundled items are hiding. Only in those settings will you be able to deselect what has been added. Do not go rushing through the installation process in Default settings because by choosing them you are essentially allowing the added items to install. If you have already installed the hijacker, we suggest you delete Funnypage123.com.
Funnypage123.com is a typical browser hijacker and that means it will alter your browser’s settings as soon as it installs onto your computer. Funnypage123.com will hijack your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. You will be surprised when this happens because you were not asked to permit those changes. They also cannot be undone unless you first remove Funnypage123.com from your system. Funnypage123.com does not look like a dependable search engine and if you were to use it, you would be redirected to Google. There is no point in using a search engine that redirects you to another one. It is also possible that Funnypage123.com is gathering data relating to what you search for and what kinds of websites you visit. Even if it is the non-sensitive kind, would you really want any kind of data about you to end up in the hands of questionable people. We strongly recommend that you uninstall Funnypage123.com.
If you have, or planning on getting, a reliable removal tool, you can use it to delete Funnypage123.com. It should be able to locate and erase Funnypage123.com without much difficulty. If, however, you do not wish to obtain such a program, you can take care of Funnypage123.com removal manually, for which instructions will be provided.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Funnypage123.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Funnypage123.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Funnypage123.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Funnypage123.com and related programs.
Remove Funnypage123.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Funnypage123.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Funnypage123.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Funnypage123.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Funnypage123.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Funnypage123.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Funnypage123.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Funnypage123.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Funnypage123.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Funnypage123.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.