Funsocialtabsearch.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Funsocialtabsearch.com)
Funsocialtabsearch.com is a part of the Fun Social Tab extension, which belongs to Imali Media. The company has released similar browser hijackers including Search.funtvtabsearch.com, Search.safesidetabsearch.com, Search.timkiemvn.com, and others.
All of these so-called search tools function in the same manner and have the same goal. They are aimed at generating revenue for Imali by advertising its sponsors. That is why the hijacker will flood you with ads, change your browser settings, cause redirects, and more. We advise that you terminate Funsocialtabsearch.com without further delay as there is nothing particularly beneficial about it.
How does Funsocialtabsearch.com work?
Fun Social Tab extension travels online with the help of free third party software. It arrives onto your PC, when you install freeware or shareware without paying attention to the installation wizard. The extension is usually presented as an additional offer, and unless you specifically decline it, the program gets installed automatically. You should avoid potentially unwanted apps, because they are not as useful as they may claim to be. You can do that by choosing the Advanced installation mode and deselecting all applications that are non-essential.
After the extension gets installed, it switches your new tab, home page, and default search provider to Funsocialtabsearch.com. The website has a search box, quick access buttons, and a toolbar. If you enter a query into the box, you get Yahoo results altered by the hijacker. You will see sponsored links in your search results and on other websites that you open. Keep in mind that not all of them can be trusted. Some of the ads will be fake and clicking on them could lead to serious consequences including malware infections and money losses. If you wish to make sure that does not happen, you should avoid all ads until you delete Funsocialtabsearch.com.
How to remove Funsocialtabsearch.com?
You can delete Funsocialtabsearch.com manually or automatically. Manual removal requires you to uninstall Fun Social Tab and then fix your browsers. You can find instructions on how to complete these tasks below the article. If you follow them carefully, manual Funsocialtabsearch.com removal should not raise any difficulties. If, on the other hand, you prefer to remove Funsocialtabsearch.com automatically, you will need to use an anti-malware tool. The utility is available on our page. It will scan your system, detect all threats, and eliminate Funsocialtabsearch.com along with them. Moreover, the malware remover also functions as a malware prevention software, so it will protect your PC from other online infections as well.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Funsocialtabsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Funsocialtabsearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Funsocialtabsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Funsocialtabsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Funsocialtabsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Funsocialtabsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Funsocialtabsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Funsocialtabsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Funsocialtabsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Funsocialtabsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Funsocialtabsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Funsocialtabsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Funsocialtabsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Funsocialtabsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.