About this hijacker
Gikayo.org is a dubious website, promoted by a browser hijacker. It’s one of those threats that will change your browser’s settings, redirect you to sponsored sites and possibly record your personal information to share with dubious third-parties. It’s not a malicious threat exactly since it will not harm your computer directly but it should not be allowed to remain on your computer.
It will redirect you to dubious websites, some of which may not be safe. You could end up on some kind malicious page and this could lead to a malware infection. The redirects are annoying in any case, even if they were perfectly safe. Also, seeing as you did not choose to install it, that’s another reason why you should not keep it. It used a deceptive method to get into your system, more specifically, it was attached to freeware as an extra offer and you did not notice. Delete Gikayo.org hijacker.
How exactly did it end up on your computer?
It was attached to freeware as an extra offer and you missed it during installation. It is very important to pay attention to how you install free programs because all kinds of unwanted offers could be added. And they are set to install automatically. So to prevent these unwanted installations, you need to deselect added items. To do that, choose Advanced or Custom mode when setting up a program and uncheck every single offer that appears there. Make sure you always do this and avoid using Default settings. Otherwise, you will be stuck having to remove Gikayo.org or similar over and over again.
Why uninstall Gikayo.org?
As soon as the hijacker installs onto your computer, it will attach itself to your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and alter settings. You will have a weird site set as your homepage, new tabs and search engine. These settings are not changeable unless you first delete Gikayo.org from the system. Until then, you can try changing them but the hijacker will overrule the alterations. Your new website will have a search engine that supposedly earns pay-per-click income for animals by exposing you to advertisement content. It might also gather your personal information and then use it for advertisement purposes. Bear in mind that the websites hijackers lead you to might not always be safe. Hijackers really do not care. You could end up with some kind of malware if you are not careful. We strongly suggest you remove Gikayo.org.
Users might require to obtain anti-spyware software to fully uninstall Gikayo.org. It would find where the hijacker is hiding and make sure get rid of it. If you go with manual Gikayo.org removal, you will have to spend quite a bit of time simply trying to find out where it’s located. However, there will be a guide provided below this article.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gikayo.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gikayo.org. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Gikayo.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gikayo.org and related programs.
Remove Gikayo.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gikayo.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gikayo.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gikayo.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gikayo.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gikayo.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gikayo.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gikayo.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gikayo.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gikayo.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.