What is goooglesearch.net?
Goooglesearch.net is a browser hijacker that may suddenly appear on your browser. Hijackers use software bundles to enter computers. What happens is, the hijacker is attached to freeware as a hidden item and it is set to install alongside. In order to prevent these unwanted installations, you must manually deselect what has been added.
Generally, hijackers are not malicious so there is no need to worry about goooglesearch.net damaging your computer directly. It will, however, make changes to your browser and possibly attempt to redirect you to sponsored pages. It should also be noted that some hijackers can lead a user to malicious pages and the user could end up with malware if he/she is not careful. In order to avoid trouble, we suggest you delete goooglesearch.net.
How does goooglesearch.net spread?
Browser hijackers and adware all use the same method to spread and that is via software bundles. They are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install automatically, if you miss them. You need to pay close attention to how you install free software and always use Advanced or Custom settings. In those settings, you will see a list of what has been added and if there is something, you can deselect it/them. Do not rush through the installation process in Default settings because you will end up with all kinds of unwanted programs. The reason you are now stuck having to uninstall goooglesearch.net is because you were not attentive when you installed freeware.
Why remove goooglesearch.net?
goooglesearch.net will affect all leading browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your homepage and new tabs will be changed without your permission and you will not be able to undo the changes unless you first delete goooglesearch.net from the system. Browser hijackers aim to expose you to as much sponsored content as possible so expect to see a lot of ads and experience redirects. By redirecting you to sponsored pages, the hijacker makes income for those pages. It is basically using you to make money. While not always the case, some hijackers can lead users to malicious pages where malware could be lurking. If that malware would enter your computer, you could end up in serious trouble. If you want to avoid a possible malware infection, uninstall goooglesearch.net.
If you wish to fully remove goooglesearch.net, you may need to obtain professional removal software. Automatic goooglesearch.net removal is the quickest option as the program would take care of everything. However, if you do not wish to obtain such a program, you can erase goooglesearch.net manually as well. This will take more time because you will have to locate the hijacker yourself. We will provide instructions to help you eliminate goooglesearch.net and you can find the below this article. After you terminate goooglesearch.net, you should be able to go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Goooglesearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Goooglesearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Goooglesearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Goooglesearch.net and related programs.
Remove Goooglesearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Goooglesearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Goooglesearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Goooglesearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Goooglesearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Goooglesearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Goooglesearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Goooglesearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Goooglesearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Goooglesearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.