About this threat
GoPlay Search is a browser hijacker that you must have picked up when you were installing free software. When you install freeware, you need to pay more attention to the process because you could end up missing all kinds of unwanted programs. They are attached in a way that allows them to install alongside the freeware without you even noticing.
It’s not difficult to avoid these unwanted installations, however, and it will be explained more in detail further on in the article. You probably have noticed already but browser hijackers change browser’s settings and set weird sites as your homepages and new tabs. This makes it obvious when an infection has occurred. Despite what you may have read, browser hijackers are not dangerous. They are low-level infections that don’t really harm computers directly. However, they are far from harmless. The hijacker on your computer might perform redirects to sponsored sites and if you were led to a malicious one, you could end up with malware. Delete GoPlay Search.
Should you remove GoPlay Search?
It comes as no surprise that this hijacker was bundled together with freeware. That is the way most unwanted programs spread. They are attached to freeware as additional items and you can choose to install them if you want. However, they are added in a way that allows them to install alongside if you do not deselect them during the setup process. A lot of users do not even notice the offers because they use Default settings. They are only visible in Advanced or Custom so make sure to always choose those. If there is anything attached, it appear there and you will be able to deselect everything. We doubt you enjoy having to uninstall GoPlay Search or simialr over and over again, so make sure you prevent installation from the beginning.
If you have encountered a hijacker before, you will quickly notice that you have an infection. The hijacker will change your browser’s settings and set itself as your homepage, new tabs and search engine so that it could redirect you easier. If you don’t remember ever allowing these changes, you would not be the only one. The hijacker can do it without permission. You will also not be able to change the settings back unless you first delete GoPlay Search. If you try to change settings while the hijacker is still on your system, it will just change them again. Engaging with the hijacker is not recommended as you could be exposed to advertisement content or worse, be led to a malicious site. We strongly suggest you uninstall GoPlay Search.
GoPlay Search removal
You have two ways to remove GoPlay Search, manually and automatically. If you go with the former option, you will have to find the hijacker yourself, which some users have trouble with. If you find yourself struggling, obtain anti-spyware software. Automatic GoPlay Search removal should take less time and you will not need to do anything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove GoPlay SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall GoPlay Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like GoPlay Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall GoPlay Search and related programs.
Remove GoPlay Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall GoPlay Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete GoPlay Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove GoPlay Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for GoPlay Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete GoPlay Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase GoPlay Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove GoPlay Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall GoPlay Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable GoPlay Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.