What is Greatsoftware120.download?
Greatsoftware120.download is a domain that might start opening automatically one day. If this is already happening, the chances are high that there is malicious software active on your computer. It is hard to say what type of malware is associated with this suspicious domain, but specialists believe that it is adware, or an advertisement-supported program. You must remove Greatsoftware120.download from your browsers as soon as possible. The only way to get rid of it once and for all is to erase a malicious application active on your computer. We do not promise that this will be easy because nothing is known about malware responsible for opening your browsers with Greatsoftware120.download. Of course, we still have what to say about the detection and removal of the infection you have active on your computer. Continue reading!
What does Greatsoftware120.download do?
You must remove Greatsoftware120.download not only because it appears periodically on browsers and might ruin your browsing session. It is recommended to uninstall Greatsoftware120.download as soon as possible also because this domain might be promoting untrustworthy software. You do not need to click on any links this domain contains to get infected with malware. It might be enough to land on it once. Untrustworthy software will not ask your permission to enter the system, and it will be too late when you discover it inside your system. You can still prevent new malware from entering your computer – you need to find and erase existing malware from your computer. It might be any malicious application, but there is a possibility that adware is the one linked to the domain you see. It is especially true if you keep seeing other advertisements on your screen too. Of course, you must implement the Greatsoftware120.download removal no matter what the reason you see it is.
Why do I keep seeing Greatsoftware120.download?
If the suspicious domain Greatsoftware120.download is automatically opened for you from time to time, there must be active malware inside your system. It could have entered your computer bundled with freeware or shareware. Most probably, not all the users’ PCs contain malicious software. Some of them could have been taken to Greatsoftware120.download after clicking on some kind of malicious link or visiting a dubious website. In any of these cases, closing a browser should be enough to delete Greatsoftware120.download once and for all. If Greatsoftware120.download is opened again after closing a browser, malware must be responsible for opening it. Find and erase it as soon as possible.
How do I delete Greatsoftware120.download?
If your browser opens with Greatsoftware120.download from time to time, you should go to search for active malware on your system. You should first kill all suspicious processes, delete suspicious programs via Control Panel, and reset your browsers to default settings. If this still does not stop redirections to Greatsoftware120.download, it would be best to use an automatic scanner – download it from the web. If the scanner you use is reputable, malicious software will be gone from your system after the single scan with it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Greatsofware120.downloadUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Greatsofware120.download. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Greatsofware120.download and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Greatsofware120.download and related programs.
Remove Greatsofware120.download from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Greatsofware120.download from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Greatsofware120.download from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Greatsofware120.download from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Greatsofware120.download or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Greatsofware120.download from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Greatsofware120.download from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Greatsofware120.download from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Greatsofware120.download from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Greatsofware120.download and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.