Greatzip.com is the URL pop-up advertisements will have if an adware application is installed onto your computer. It enters your computer via free software bundles when users do not pay sufficient attention to how they install the freeware. It is not classified as a malicious computer virus, however, that does not mean it cannot expose you to dangerous content, a.k.a malware. It will flood your screen with pop-ups and not leave you alone until you remove Greatzip.com adware from your computer. While incredibly irritating to deal with, the pop-ups might also bring trouble. You could be tricked into downloading something malicious or giving out your private information. We suggest you take action to eliminate Greatzip.com at once.
What does Greatzip.com do?
The reason you even have adware on your computer is because you did not pay enough attention to how you installed free software. Greatzip.com pop-up causing adware was attached to free software and that allowed it to install. To prevent it from installing, you needed to deselect it. In order to be able to deselect the added items, you need to make a habit of choosing Advanced or Custom settings when installing free software. In those settings, you will see a clear list of all added items and you can just uncheck them. This will prevent them from installing. What you should not do is choose Default settings. Because you chose those settings, you allowed Greatzip.com to install. Now that you know that it uses a rather sneaky method to get in, we suggest you delete Greatzip.com.
Adware is not malicious. However, it will insert advertisements into all of your browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The only way to get rid of the ads would be to uninstall Greatzip.com adware from your computer. The pop-ups will appear at the most random of times, you could click on a completely legitimate link and end up with a weird pop-up. Usually, adware generated pop-ups offer users to download/update software and that is great way to spread malware. Never trust random pop-ups to provide you with secure downloads because you will end up with malicious software on your system. Only download software from legitimate/official web pages. Apart from closing them, we suggest you do not pay any attention to any pop-ups you get. If you care about your computer’s security, we suggest you remove Greatzip.com.
Adware can be difficult to locate, which makes manual Greatzip.com removal a bit complex. If you cannot delete Greatzip.com yourself, employ a professional removal tool to do it for you. Scan your computer and when it is located, uninstall Greatzip.com. Make sure that you erase Greatzip.com fully because if you do not, it can recover itself again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Greatzip.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Greatzip.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Greatzip.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Greatzip.com and related programs.
Remove Greatzip.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Greatzip.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Greatzip.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Greatzip.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Greatzip.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Greatzip.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Greatzip.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Greatzip.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Greatzip.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Greatzip.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.