What is Happygamesearch.com?
Happygamesearch.com is a website that belongs to Imali Media and functions as a browser hijacker. It usually enters your system together with an extension. The hijacker affects all popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and others. Its goal is to boost web traffic, which is why it will flood you with advertising data. You should keep in mind that not all of this data is trustworthy. Moreover, the hijacker will cause other issues like slowing down your surfing and your system’s speed, and more. We advise that you terminate Happygamesearch.com without hesitation.
How does Happygamesearch.com work?
As it has been mentioned above, Happygamesearch.com enters your system with a browser extension. It spreads online bundled with freeware and shareware. When you install free software, you agree to the addition of the hijacker and its related program as well. In most cases, users do not even realize that they acquired the potentially unwanted apps until they start bothering them in some way. Please note that it is possible to avoid installing the unnecessary programs. All you need to do is choose the Advanced installation mode during the setup and decline all optional offers that you see in the wizard.
Once installed, the hijacker switches your home page and default search provider to Happygamesearch.com. This site presents you with nothing but a search box. If you make use of this box, you will get rerouted to an unreliable website, Search.safefinder.com. This page is listed as potentially dangerous. You should not trust the results that it shows you. Furthermore, you should know that advertisements and sponsored links that you will see on other pages can be unreliable as well. If you wish to eliminate the unsafe content from your browsers, you will have to delete Happygamesearch.com. The sooner you do that, the better.
How to remove Happygamesearch.com?
There are two ways you can erase Happygamesearch.com from your browsers: manually or automatically. If you choose manual Happygamesearch.com removal, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related app from your PC and your extensions. You will also need to fix your browser settings. Instructions below the article can guide you through this process. Alternatively, you can get rid of Happygamesearch.com automatically. If you download the anti-malware tool from our site, it will scan your computer and detect all potential issues. The utility will eliminate Happygamesearch.com and other unwanted components. It will also ensure your computer’s safety from similar and more dangerous online threats you may encounter in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Happygamesearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Happygamesearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Happygamesearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Happygamesearch.com and related programs.
Remove Happygamesearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Happygamesearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Happygamesearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Happygamesearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Happygamesearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Happygamesearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Happygamesearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Happygamesearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Happygamesearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Happygamesearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.