Home.clearwebsearch.net Removal Tips (Uninstall Home.clearwebsearch.net)
Home.clearwebsearch.net is a browser hijacker that takes over your browsers after you install the Clear Web Search extension. The extension has an official webpage and it is promoted in Chrome Web Store. It is advertised as a tool that can help you search the Internet more efficiently and provide you with useful widgets like calendar, weather, and customizable backgrounds.
Although it delivers on some of these promises, it also comes with certain drawbacks, which may make its advantages seem minuscule in comparison. We will describe these drawbacks in more detail in the next chapter. If you decide that you want to return your browser settings back to normal, you will have to terminate Home.clearwebsearch.net.
How does Home.clearwebsearch.net work?
Clear Web Search may have an official page, where it can be downloaded, but it is also known to travel in free software bundles. If that is how you acquired it, you are likely to have other unwanted programs on your PC. Once the application gets installed, it changes your browser settings. Your home page, new tab, and default search provider get switched to Home.clearwebsearch.net. This site provides you with a search box and such widgets as themes for background, date and time, and quick links to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Amazon.
The main goal of the program is to boost web traffic, which it can only do by exposing you to various advertisements. That is why it will insert ads into your visited pages and your search results. You may also get rerouted to unfamiliar pages at random. What is important for you to know is that the advertising data is not endorsed by the software, so it could be unreliable. Clicking on it may result in troubling consequences like malware infections, money losses, and so on. If you wish to prevent such outcomes, you should delete Home.clearwebsearch.net right away.
How to remove Home.clearwebsearch.net?
The sooner you eliminate Home.clearwebsearch.net from your browsers, the sooner you can continue surfing the Web without any interruptions. You can choose from two options: manual or automatic Home.clearwebsearch.net removal. The first option requires you to uninstall Clear Web Search from your PC and your browser extensions and to fix your browser settings. You can use the instructions we have prepared below the article. The alternative solution is to implement a malware removal tool and remove Home.clearwebsearch.net automatically. It is the more reliable way to go, because the anti-malware will scan your system and detect all potential threats. It will delete Home.clearwebsearch.net and keep your PC protected from similar and more serious online parasites in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Home.clearwebsearch.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Home.clearwebsearch.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Home.clearwebsearch.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Plumbytes is a reliable security software that can provide you with a rich set of beneficial features. It belongs to a UK-based company called Plumbytes Software, LP. The application functions as a ma ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Home.clearwebsearch.net and related programs.
Remove Home.clearwebsearch.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Home.clearwebsearch.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Home.clearwebsearch.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Home.clearwebsearch.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Home.clearwebsearch.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Home.clearwebsearch.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Home.clearwebsearch.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Home.clearwebsearch.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Home.clearwebsearch.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Home.clearwebsearch.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.