What is Home.galacticagames.com?
Home.galacticagames.com is a part of the Galactica Games extension, which is supposed to provide you with quick access to a variety of online games. The extension spreads online and enters your PC together with the browser hijacker through other freeware. Its main purpose is to generate web traffic and thus earn profit for its developers. It is compatible with all popular browsers, so you will not be able to avoid its symptoms, which include browser settings modifications, constant ads, redirects, Internet slow downs, and more. We advise that you terminate Home.galacticagames.com and its related app without hesitation.
How does Home.galacticagames.com work?
Although Galactica Games has an official webpage and can be downloaded from Chrome Web Store, it usually enters computers with the help of free third party software. It travels bundled with freeware and gets presented as an additional offer in its installation wizard. You can decline the offer, if you choose the Advanced installation mode and pay attention to all steps of the wizard. Make sure you do that the next time you install free software, because adding potentially unwanted programs to your PC is never a good idea.
Once the extension gets added to your browsers, it alters their settings. Your home page and default search engine get replaced with Home.galacticagames.com. This site presents you with a search box, quick access links to popular sites, and a toolbar that contains such buttons as Arcade, Strategy, Adventure, Skill, Action, and Building. These buttons lead you to Play.galacticagames.com. If you make use of the Galactica Games search engine, you will get redirected to Search.safefinder.com. This site is completely unreliable and it would be best not to interact with it at all. If you do not want to deal with unsafe advertising data any longer, you will have to eliminate Home.galacticagames.com from your browsers.
How to remove Home.galacticagames.com?
You can get rid of Home.galacticagames.com by deleting Galactica Games from your PC and fixing your web browsers. These tasks can be completed for you or you can complete them manually yourself. If you choose automatic Home.galacticagames.com removal, you will need to implement an anti-malware utility. You can use the utility provided on our site. It will scan your computer, detect all issues, and erase Home.galacticagames.com along with them. The security software will also ensure your system’s safety in the future. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions presented below the article and delete Home.galacticagames.com manually.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Home.galacticagames.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Home.galacticagames.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Home.galacticagames.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Home.galacticagames.com and related programs.
Remove Home.galacticagames.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Home.galacticagames.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Home.galacticagames.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Home.galacticagames.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Home.galacticagames.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Home.galacticagames.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Home.galacticagames.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Home.galacticagames.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Home.galacticagames.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Home.galacticagames.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.