Home.mywebsearch.com Removal Guide (Uninstall Home.mywebsearch.com)
Home.mywebsearch.com may seem like a useful tool at first, but it usually does not take long for users to start noticing its drawbacks. It was developed by Mindspark Interactive Network and is similar to other products of this company, which is known for creating supposedly useful apps that are actually only aimed at making profit for it.
Home.mywebsearch.com is not any different. It spreads online with other unwanted programs in freeware bundles and once it enters your PC, it changes your browser settings. If you wish to go back to your original browser preferences, you will have to delete Home.mywebsearch.com.
As it has been mentioned above, the hijacker alters your browser settings including your home page and default search engine. These settings are replaced with Home.mywebsearch.com, a page that contains a search box and various links to popular sites like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Wikipedia, and some others. If you search the Web using the box that you see on the page, you will get rerouted to Int.search.mywebsearch.com. The results presented to you on this site will include various sponsored links, so you should be careful with them.
In general, you will notice an increase in the amount of advertising data that you see online. Various pop-ups, hyperlinks, banners, coupons, etc. will show up on your screen no matter which sites you choose to open. You cannot trust all of these ads, because they are not endorsed by the program and, therefore, could be fake. Clicking on fake ads could lead to malware infections, money losses, and other unwanted consequences. You should not take such risks. You can eliminate the unsafe ads and stop the unnecessary redirects, only if you terminate Home.mywebsearch.com.
How to remove Home.mywebsearch.com?
In order to remove Home.mywebsearch.com completely, you first have to identify and uninstall its related application. Once that is done, you can move on to restoring your browsers. Instructions on how to complete all of these tasks are presented below the article and you can use them, if you decide to go with manual Home.mywebsearch.com removal option. Another way you can eliminate Home.mywebsearch.com from your system is by implementing the malware prevention and removal tool from our page. It will scan your PC and detect the unwanted application. The utility will not only delete Home.mywebsearch.com and other found issues, but it will also protect your computer from future infections you may catch while surfing online.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Home.mywebsearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Home.mywebsearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Home.mywebsearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Home.mywebsearch.com and related programs.
Remove Home.mywebsearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Home.mywebsearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Home.mywebsearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Home.mywebsearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Home.mywebsearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Home.mywebsearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Home.mywebsearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Home.mywebsearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Home.mywebsearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Home.mywebsearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.