Home.searchreveal.com Removal Instructions
Home.searchreveal.com is one of many browser hijackers that can alter your browser settings without your notice. It is aimed at promoting its sponsors, which is how it makes profit for its developers.
There is nothing useful about the hijacker for computer users as it only causes lots of unnecessary disturbances. It floods your browsers with advertisements, causes redirects, slows down your surfing speed, and so on. In order to eliminate these symptoms for good, you will have to remove Home.searchreveal.com and its related program.
How does Home.searchreveal.com work?
Home.searchreveal.com appears on your screen each time that you go online. That is because the hijacker changes your home page and default search engine as soon as it gets installed. The website contains nothing but a search box, date and time, and settings. If you enter a query into the box, you get redirected to Search.yahoo.com. These results contain sponsored links. Other advertising content will show up in your browsers as well. You will see adverts on all sites that you visit regardless of their content. We urge you not to interact with this data, because there is no way to know whether or not it is reliable.
The hijacker will expose you to unsafe ads and pages containing virtual scams. You may encounter scams aimed at extorting your money, acquiring your personal information, and so on. That is why you should not click on the advertisements or follow their instructions. In addition to lowering your online safety, the hijacker will also slow down your surfing speed and computer performance. It is clear that you have every reason to eliminate Home.searchreveal.com from your browsers without further delay.
How to remove Home.searchreveal.com?
There is no question that you should focus on Home.searchreveal.com removal as soon as you can. The hijacker can be eliminated manually or automatically. If you choose to go with the first option, you will have to uninstall the application with which the hijacker has entered your PC and restore your browser settings afterwards. Instructions below the article can help you delete Home.searchreveal.com manually. However, if you want to not only uninstall Home.searchreveal.com, but also get rid of other unwanted files and programs, you should go with automatic removal instead. In order to delete Home.searchreveal.com automatically, you will have to implement an anti-malware tool. The utility will scan and clean your computer. It will also keep your system protected from other online threats.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Home.searchreveal.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Home.searchreveal.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Home.searchreveal.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version. More...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
What is Bitdefender Antivirus Software? Bitdefender is an anti-virus application that provides advanced protection against Internet-based threats. You can choose between Bitdefender Anti-Virus Plus, ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Home.searchreveal.com and related programs.
Remove Home.searchreveal.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Home.searchreveal.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Home.searchreveal.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Home.searchreveal.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Home.searchreveal.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Home.searchreveal.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Home.searchreveal.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Home.searchreveal.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Home.searchreveal.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Home.searchreveal.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.