Hotwebfree.com Removal Guide
Hotwebfree.com is a search engine that should enable users to search the web anonymously. In other words, the search queries of users should not be recorded. Many users think that it is a very useful feature, so they decide to keep and use Hotwebfree.com.
Unfortunately, it is not advisable to do that because Hotwebfree.com is known to be a browser hijacker. Yes, it might set itself on all the browsers without permission. On top of that, it has been observed that it is not as reliable as it claims to be. In fact, specialists say that this search engine might even cause harm to the system very quickly, so the best would be to implement the Hotwebfree.com removal as soon as possible. Unfortunately, some users might face some difficulties, so we are going to help our readers further in this article. Continue reading!
Hotwebfree.com will set itself on all the browsers, and it will let you to search for the information on the web. As it works quite well, users often decide to keep this search provider. Unfortunately, they do not know that this search engine is going to provide them with untrustworthy search results. By saying “untrustworthy”, we mean that these search results are full of bad links and advertisements that are not associated with the entered keyword in any way. Unfortunately, there is a huge possibility that bad ads and links will lead you to third-party web pages full of malicious software. Yes, there is a risk of infecting the system with malware by keeping Hotwebfree.com in the place of a default search engine. We should also emphasize that this search provider might collect information about users and then sell it to third parties or simply use the gathered data for bad purposes. As you can see, the best decision would be to uninstall Hotwebfree.com from the system as soon as possible.
How is Hotwebfree.com browser hijacker spread?
All browser hijackers are spread in a very similar manner. In most cases, they usually travel in software bundles together with freeware and shareware, e.g. video players, PDF creators, codecs, etc. This explains why users do not notice when Hotwebfree.com browser hijacker sneaks onto computers. In fact, this search engine is not the only one that travels in software bundles and can enter systems without permission. There is a bunch of other threats on the web, e.g. adware, potentially unwanted programs, Trojans, etc. Therefore, our security specialists recommend that you install a security tool on your computer immediately after you delete Hotwebfree.com from your PC. On top of that, you should stay away from unreliable third-party websites as well.
How can I remove Hotwebfree.com from my computer?
It is not very easy to delete Hotwebfree.com from browsers but it is a must to do that if you wish to protect your PC from harm. There are two ways to remove Hotwebfree.com: manually or automatically. If you have never tried erasing malware, you should definitely go for the automatic Hotwebfree.com removal. This is the easiest way to get rid of it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Hotwebfree.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Hotwebfree.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Hotwebfree.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Hotwebfree.com and related programs.
Remove Hotwebfree.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Hotwebfree.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Hotwebfree.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Hotwebfree.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Hotwebfree.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Hotwebfree.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Hotwebfree.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Hotwebfree.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Hotwebfree.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Hotwebfree.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.