What is this infection?
chromesearch.win is a dubious website, which may be set to be your homepage by a browser hijacker. First thing to be aware of is that they are not malicious infections. They do not severely harm your computer, nor do they delete files. However, they do change browser’s settings, and set unwanted websites as homepages/new tabs.
This allows them to promote their search engine, which would insert sponsored content into results. If you use the search engine, be careful of weird results because they could lead to malicious sites, where malware could be waiting for you. What is worse is that those changes happen without the users agreeing to them, and they will be irreversible until you get rid of the infection. It’s very possible you obtained it via freeware bundles. What that means is that it was attached to a program that you installed, and because you did not deselect it, it was allowed to install. In the following paragraph, you will find instructions to help you avoid these kinds of threats in the future. In the mean time, avoid using the site, and remove chromesearch.win as soon as possible.
What does it do?
We highly doubt you set the site to be your homepage and new tabs yourself. It was most likely added to freeware as an extra offer, and you did not deselect it. This is not uncommon because the items are hidden, which prevents uses from deselecting them. However, if you pay close attention to the installation processes, read all the provided information, and use Advanced or Custom settings, you will be able to prevent unwanted installations. Advanced settings will show you if anything has been added, and if there is, all you need to do is deselect it/them. After you uncheck the boxes, you can proceed to install the program. It is very important that you always pay attention to what kinds of programs you install onto your computer, and how you do it because otherwise, you will end up installing plenty of unwanted applications.
As soon as the threat installs, it will perform changes to your browser’s settings, setting its promoted website as your homepage and new tabs. The changes will be done without your explicit permission, and you will be able unable to undo them until you get rid of the infection. It may affect all popular browsers you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The website does not look reliable from the start. There will be a search engine displayed, and ads. Clicking on ads is not recommended, as is using the search engine. Browser hijacker promoted search engines usually insert sponsored sites into the results so that users can be redirected, and owners of the sites can earn money from traffic. This is typical browser hijacker behavior. Some of those links may be able to lead users to malicious content, which is why you are not recommended to use the search engine. You might get malware and not even know it. Seeing as the hijacker will not provide anything useful, and will only put your computer in danger, you should delete Chromesearch. And if you’re looking for a change in search engine, there are much better options out there.
Generally, hijackers are not difficult to delete. They may be hiding to avoid elimination, but you can use the below provided instructions to help you find it. If manual chromesearch.win removal is too difficult, obtain anti-spyware software. These programs are designed to identify an infection and get rid of it, so there should be no problems. After you uninstall Chromesearch, you should be able to change browser’s settings to your preference without interference.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ChromeSearch.winUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ChromeSearch.win. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like ChromeSearch.win and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ChromeSearch.win and related programs.
Remove ChromeSearch.win from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ChromeSearch.win from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ChromeSearch.win from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ChromeSearch.win from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ChromeSearch.win or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ChromeSearch.win from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ChromeSearch.win from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ChromeSearch.win from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ChromeSearch.win from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ChromeSearch.win and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.