What is adware?
Clearwebsearch.com pop-ups are caused by adware, which is usually added to free software as an additional offer. Adware is not a serious threat, though it is annoying. And you probably noticed why by now. It generates huge amounts of advertisements and floods your screen with them so that it could generate pay-per-click income.
This particular adware seems to cause redirects to a website promoting a browser hijacker so if you’ve encountered those pop-ups, best ignore them. Users generally pick up adware when they are installing free software. It, as well as browser hijackers and other unwanted programs are attached to freeware as additional items and you must deselect them to prevent installation. If you do not do this, you will be stuck with all kinds of unwanted programs. Delete clearwebsearch.com.
What does adware do?
Ad-supported software, or more widely known as adware aims to generate profit by showing you ads. A couple of advertisements, however annoying they may be, are nothing out of the ordinary. However, when you screen begins to get filled with weird pop-ups, than you have a problem. The thing with adware is that it can affect most of the popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You can try avoiding the ads but the problem will not go away on its own. You will have to remove clearwebsearch.com adware for them to stop. The pop-up caused by this particular adware will offer you to install an extension that will supposedly ‘uncloud’ your searching needs so you could browse more effectively. That’s great and all but researchers consider it to be a browser hijacker that will try to redirect you to sponsored pages. And in any case, you should never download anything from a dubious source, such as a pop-up. If you need to a program, use legitimate/official websites. Make sure you uninstall clearwebsearch.com.
How does adware spread?
Adware is usually attached to free software as an extra offer and while it’s set to install, it’s not visible. If you rush installations or/and use Default settings, you will end up allowing all kinds of unnecessary programs to install. If you want to avoid these installation, you need to access Advanced or Custom settings. If there is anything added, you will see in those settings. You will need to uncheck the boxes of all extra offers and only then proceed to install the freeware. Unless you enjoy having to delete clearwebsearch.com or similar, refrain from rushing.
Users who choose to remove clearwebsearch.com have two options. The easiest and perhaps the quickest method would be to use anti-spyware software. The program would locate and uninstall clearwebsearch.com without you having to do anything. If you wish to go with manual clearwebsearch.com removal, you can do as well. However, do bear in mind that you will have to find the adware yourself when it could be hidden.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ClearWebSearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ClearWebSearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ClearWebSearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ClearWebSearch.com and related programs.
Remove ClearWebSearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ClearWebSearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ClearWebSearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ClearWebSearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ClearWebSearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ClearWebSearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ClearWebSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ClearWebSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ClearWebSearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ClearWebSearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.