About this browser hijacker
If your browser is redirecting you to Search.schooldozer.co, your Mac computer may have a browser hijacker installed. This particular hijacker targets Mac users and aims to redirect them to sponsored websites in order to make revenue. Hijackers aren’t exactly malicious computer infections, though they do pose certain threat. Because they aim to redirect to sponsored content, the sites you will be redirected to will not always be secure. Some could be harboring malware, which could download onto your computer without you even noticing.
Users often leave the hijackers installed, without realizing the potential danger they could be putting their computer in. Additionally, some hijackers offer useful looking features so that users allow them to stay. But any program that does not ask for your explicit permission to install should not be allowed to remain installed. And hijackers don’t ask for permission. They install via the bundling method, which means that they are added to freeware as extra offers, and if you don’t notice them, they will install. This happens quite often because a lot of users don’t not pay enough attention to how they install programs, thus are unable to deselect anything.
Why remove Search.schooldozer.com?
One of the main reasons why you should not allow a hijacker to remain is its installation method. It does not require your explicit permission, which means it can install without you even noticing. Because it comes attached to legitimate programs you install, you need to pay attention to how you install them. During the setup process, look for any indication that something additional will install, and if Advanced (Custom) settings are available, chose those. They should make all added offers visible, and you would be able to deselect them. Allowing any of those offers to install would be a bad idea, as you’ll only be stuck having to erase all kinds of junk from your computer.
Hijackers are pretty noticeable, primary because they change your browser’s settings so that your homepage is set to display the hijacker’s promoted website. This particular hijacker will set a really plain website as your homepage, and it will only offer you a search engine. This will affect all popular browsers you have installed, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. Once the changes have been made, they will be irreversible unless you first delete Search.schooldozer.com from your device.
If you perform a search via the search box on the website, you will be led to Genieo Yahoo Search, where you may encounter sponsored results. Those results will lead to dubious websites, which will have nothing to do with what you were searching for. They could also be malicious, as in, lead you to malware.
You can uninstall Search.schooldozer.com in two ways, manually or automatically. Manual elimination means you will have to do everything yourself, but we will provide instructions to help you. If you would prefer the automatic method, obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Search.schooldozer.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Search.schooldozer.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Search.schooldozer.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Search.schooldozer.com and related programs.
Remove Search.schooldozer.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Search.schooldozer.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Search.schooldozer.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Search.schooldozer.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Search.schooldozer.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Search.schooldozer.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Search.schooldozer.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Search.schooldozer.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Search.schooldozer.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Search.schooldozer.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.