What is Cleanserp?
Cleanserp (also known as Cleanserp.net ) belongs to Imali Media and is classified as a potentially unwanted program and a browser hijacker. It is promoted as a browser add-on that can provide you with access to security tools that can improve your online safety level. The official page of the application, funtabsafe.com, is classified as a potentially dangerous website and is usually blocked by anti-malware tools. It is clear that you cannot trust this program. If you do not wish to expose your PC to unreliable web content, you should get rid of Cleanserp without hesitation.
How does Cleanserp work?
If you have never visited Funtabsafe.com, but you still have FunTabSafe in your browsers, it is clear that the app has entered your PC through other freeware. When you install free third party software without paying attention to its setup, you often get stuck with additional programs. These programs are potentially unwanted and ad-supported. It is possible to avoid dealing with them, however, you need to make sure that you pay attention to the freeware installation wizard in order to do so. Always choose the Advanced or Custom mode and decline all optional offers of unknown apps.
The main symptom of the hijacker is that it changes your browser settings, more specifically your home page, new tab, and default search engine. The Cleanserp website replaces these preferences and presents you with a toolbar, a search box, and quick links to popular websites. In addition to that, the hijacker also inserts advertising data into all websites that you open. These ads could be fake. Clicking on them is not something we would recommend. The same can be stated about interacting with sites to which you will get redirected by the hijacker. If you wish to go back to uninterrupted and safe online surfing, you will have to eliminate Cleanserp from your browsers right away.
How to remove Cleanserp?
You can complete Cleanserp removal manually or automatically. Manual removal includes you uninstalling FunTabSafe from your PC and restoring your browser settings. It can be completed with the help of the instructions presented below the article. After you terminate Cleanserp, you may want to check your computer with the free scanner that you can download from our webpage. Alternatively, you can erase Cleanserp by using an anti-malware tool. The security software is provided on our site and if you implement it, you will be able to delete Cleanserp along with other unwanted components for good. Moreover, the utility will help you keep your computer protected from other infections that you may encounter on the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove CleanserpUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cleanserp. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cleanserp and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cleanserp and related programs.
Remove Cleanserp from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cleanserp from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cleanserp from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cleanserp from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cleanserp or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cleanserp from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cleanserp from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cleanserp from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cleanserp from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cleanserp and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.