About this threat
Awesomeday.club pop-ups are likely appearing because of an adware infection. The contents of the pop-ups may differ but generally, they will be inviting you to participate in a game to win something, like an iPhone. These kinds of pop-ups are very common, and may come in different forms, such as those ‘You have won a gift’ or ‘Press to claim your prize’, but all of them are scams. The people behind these ads are not going to give you free things, it’s merely a ploy to get your personal information.
This particular adware will generate ads that ask you spin a wheel to win various Apple products, and when you ‘win’ something, you will be asked to fill in certain forms with your personal information. Less tech-savvy users might think nothing of it, as it makes sense to ask for information in order to send something to someone. However, if you do fill in the forms, you would be giving questionable people your personal information. Adware itself will not harm your computer, but the pop-ups are incredibly annoying, even if you do not believe in their contents. And if you are wondering how you even managed to get the infection, you installed it yourself. More details below. And remember, if you want to delete Awesomeday.club ads, you need to get rid of the adware.
What does it do?
First of all, so that this does not happen again, you need to learn how to install programs properly. Adware, hijackers and other kinds of similar infections are attached to freeware as extra offers. They don’t need your explicit permission to install, as they are attached in a way that allows them to install alongside the program if you do not deselect them. If you actually pay attention to how you install programs, you should be able to avoid these unwanted programs. Pay attention when installing freeware, choose Advanced or Custom settings and deselect the offers that become visible there. Default settings will not show you anything, so avoid using them whenever possible.
The pop-ups may start soon after the adware invades, and will probably appear on all popular browsers you have, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. These pop-ups may start appearing regularly, no matter what sites you are visiting at that time, and will claim that you have been selected to spin the wheel of prizes, and possibly win something. If you press ‘OK’ on the pop-up, you will be shown the spin wheel with various prizes, such as an iPad Air, iMac, iPhone, etc. There will also be a message claiming that they do these spins regularly, and you were chosen by chance. If you scroll down, you will also see ‘reviews’ from other supposed contestants. They will claim that they initially thought it was a scam and then actually won something, or will say that the prize they have won has recently arrived.
When it comes to getting users’ private information, this is perhaps the oldest trick in the modern book. Users are offered to win something, and when they do, they fill in their personal information, and then their personal data lands in questionable hands. One thing you can be sure of is that no one will give you anything for free over the Internet. All of these ‘games’ are scams, whatever prize you are promised. So don’t engage with such pop-ups, and definitely do not provide you personal information to anyone you do not know. If you do, the information could be used to scam you. Just remove Awesomeday.club adware, and the pop-ups should stop.
If it is adware causing the ads, you need to get rid of it. It can be done in two ways, manually or automatically. If you would prefer to uninstall Awesomeday.club by hand, you will need to find its location yourself. However, below this report you can find instructions to help you. You can also stick to the automatic method, you would simply need to obtain reliable spyware removal software. The program would take care of everything else. If the ads no longer appear, you have successfully gotten rid of the infection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Awesomeday.clubUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Awesomeday.club. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Awesomeday.club and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Awesomeday.club and related programs.
Remove Awesomeday.club from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Awesomeday.club from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Awesomeday.club from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Awesomeday.club from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Awesomeday.club or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Awesomeday.club from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Awesomeday.club from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Awesomeday.club from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Awesomeday.club from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Awesomeday.club and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.