What is BountySearch Virus?
BountySearch Virus is a browser extension which usually affects only Google Chrome, so specialists say that it is, most probably, compatible with this only one browser. Of course, if you discover it installed on other browsers too, be sure that we are talking about the same BountySearch extension, also known as BountySearch Virus.
The developers of this suspicious extension have not provided much information about this program, so it is not easy to say what it is capable of. In any event, delete BountySearch Virus as soon as possible the second you find it installed on your browser. It is not a harmful computer infection. That is, it is a simple browser add-on, so it should not be an arduous task to uninstall BountySearch Virus fully. We will talk about this in detail in the last paragraph of this article, i.e. after we explain what users can expect from this browser extension.
What does BountySearch Virus do?
BountySearch Virus is a browser extension which users find illegally installed on their computers. There is no doubt that it enters computers without permission; however, it is not so easy to say what activities it performs on users’ computers. According to specialists, it might start displaying annoying commercial advertisements, e.g. banners, pop-ups, in-text, and other types of advertisements. These ads will not only ruin your browsing session, but might also redirect straight to bad websites. A website is bad when it records information about users or promote all kinds of harmful applications. What is more, apart from showing advertisements, BountySearch Virus might collect information about users and then sell this data. Last but not least, it can reach and change your data on all websites you visit. As can be seen, it might do several undesirable activities on victims’ computers, so if you have no idea why this extension is installed, remove BountySearch Virus without consideration to stop activities it performs. This is the only way to do that.
Why do I see BountySearch Virus in the list of my browsers’ extensions?
A website BountySearch Virus can be downloaded from officially does not exist, so we are sure that it uses illegal ways of distribution, for example, a well-known method bundling to show up on users’ computers. If you have not downloaded and installed it yourself too, it must have entered your PC illegally as well. It will not act beneficially, so do not hesitate to delete BountySearch Virus from your browser.
How do I remove BountySearch Virus?
BountySearch Virus can be erased either manually or automatically. In case you choose the manual BountySearch Virus removal, you will need to go to the extensions manager and remove this extension manually. It is not a very easy process, so if you do not know much about the deletion of browser extensions, you should go for the automatic BountySearch Virus removal. To do this, go to get a trustworthy scanner from the web first. Not all of them are powerful malware removers, for sure.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove BountySearch virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall BountySearch virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like BountySearch virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall BountySearch virus and related programs.
Remove BountySearch virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall BountySearch virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete BountySearch virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove BountySearch virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for BountySearch virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete BountySearch virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase BountySearch virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove BountySearch virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall BountySearch virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable BountySearch virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.