About this hijacker
Browser-net.net is a dubious website, promoted by a browser hijacker. If you constantly get redirected to to a weird site when you open your browser and get intrusive advertisements more often, you definitely have a hijacker infection on your hands. It’s not as serious as it might sound, despite what many misleading websites might tell you. It’s a low-level threat that will not directly harm your computer.
However, hijackers aren’t harmless. They change browser settings, set their domains as your homepages and new tabs, and sometimes try to redirect you to sponsored websites. They also expose you to intrusive adverts. In short, it’s useless to you. And it did not even explicitly ask for your permission to enter the computer. It was attached to free software as an additional offer, which you probably missed during installation, hence why it’s now on your computer. Delete Browser-net.net.
How do hijacker invade computers?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software and are set to install alongside. If you want to prevent installation, you need to manually deselect them. This is done in Advanced or Custom settings by deselecting all the visible boxes. The extra offers appear only in those settings. If you use Default, as many users do, you will see nothing, it will not even inform you about extra offers. The most likely reason why you even have the hijacker is because you used Default settings. If you want to avoid having to remove Browser-net.net or similar later on, make sure you prevent installation from the very beginning.
Why uninstall Browser-net.net?
This hijacker is very common and it has many different websites. They all look exactly the same, the only thing different is the URL. It will infect all leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox so changing browsers when you notice the infection is not going to change anything. It will set its domain as your homepage and new tabs, and change your default search engine if it’s not set to Google. These changes are irreversible unless you first delete Browser-net.net from the system. There will be a search engine leading to Google provided, as well as many different news articles. We do not recommend interacting with the website as it will probably expose you to advertisement content. Do not click on the articles, as who knows where you will be led to. The hijacker might also expose you to loads of advertisements, which might not always be on safe domains. While it’s not likely, you could end up with some kind of malware infection. This is why you need to remove Browser-net.net.
When it comes to browser hijackers, there are two ways to get rid of them. You could obtain anti-spyware software and have it uninstall Browser-net.net for you or you could do it manually. Manual Browser-net.net removal might take more time as you will have to locate the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Browser-net.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Browser-net.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Browser-net.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Browser-net.net and related programs.
Remove Browser-net.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Browser-net.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Browser-net.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Browser-net.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Browser-net.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Browser-net.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Browser-net.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Browser-net.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Browser-net.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Browser-net.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.