What is Cleanserp.net?
Cleanserp.net is a website promoted as a legitimate search tool, but the truth is that it is not trustworthy at all, and, instead, is better known as a browser hijacker because it changes browsers’ settings illegally. Settings of all your browsers will be altered if this browser hijacker ever enter successfully your system, so you will quickly notice that something has changed.
If you already see an undesirable search tool on browsers, it means that you already need to go take action, i.e. you need to remove Cleanserp.net from all your browsers as soon as possible because it is a website that can bring malware on your computer instead of improving your web searching experience. With our help, it should not be too hard to implement the Cleanserp.net removal. The next paragraph contains more detailed information about this dubious search tool while the last one will help you to remove Cleanserp.net easier.
How does this Browser Hijacker act?
All browser hijackers act the same – users find them on browsers even though they do not change their settings. That is, their browsers are hijacked. Cleanserp.net is one of those nasty browser hijackers, so do not be surprised if it is set as a homepage on all your web browsers. Keeping it there is a wrong decision. You might be even exposed to threats if you use it as a search tool. This website really looks like a legitimate search provider, but it is far from a trustworthy search engine. Unlike reputable search providers, it displays commercial advertisements to users. If users click on them voluntarily or accidentally, they might be redirected to untrustworthy pages with malicious software. These ads shown by Cleanserp.net might be the reason why you have ended up on a web page gathering personal information about you too. What we try to say here is that Cleanserp.net might cause a lot of trouble, so it would be best to implement the full Cleanserp.net removal as soon as possible.
How did the Cleanserp.net browser hijacker enter my computer?
We hope we have already made it clear that Clean serp is a browser hijacker. Since we already know the category of malware it belongs to, it is not hard to say how it is usually spread. Bundling is the method which is used commonly to distribute browser hijackers. Therefore, we do not find it surprising at all that the browser hijacker promoting Clean serp has appeared in the place of your homepage illegally as well. You need to delete Cleanserp from web browsers as soon as possible no matter how it has entered your computer.
How can I remove Cleanserp Redirect?
You can uninstall Cleanserp.net either manually or automatically. It does not really matter which one of these removal methods you choose – the most important thing is to eliminate an undesirable search tool from all web browsers fully. Of course, a manual method is not suitable for those inexperienced users because it will simply be too complicated for them. In the opinion of experienced specialists, these users should erase an undesirable search tool automatically – it is the quickest and easiest process.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Cleanserp.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Cleanserp.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Cleanserp.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Cleanserp.net and related programs.
Remove Cleanserp.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Cleanserp.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Cleanserp.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Cleanserp.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Cleanserp.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Cleanserp.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Cleanserp.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Cleanserp.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Cleanserp.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Cleanserp.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.