What is ExactSearch.org?
If you see ExactSearch.org when you open your web browser, it means that a browser hijacker has entered your computer. This also shows that your computer is unprotected or your security software is outdated/unreliable. ExactSearch.org tries to convince users that it is trustworthy by looking like a legitimate search provider.
Also, it shows search results like Google and other reputable search providers do, but this surely does not make it a good search tool, so users who already see it set as a homepage and default search engine on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox should go to uninstall ExactSearch.org without mercy. Users who decide not to do anything takes all the responsibility for the damage it might cause. To be frank, the chances are not so low that it will cause harm to the system, which is why the ExactSearch.org removal should not be postponed. We will tell you what are the two ways to get rid of the undesirable search tool in the last paragraph, but let’s first find out why ExactSearch.org is considered untrustworthy.
What does ExactSearch.org do?
Users who encounter ExactSearch.org first find it set on their web browsers as a homepage and search engine. These changes are made so that users would see ExactSearch.org every day. Undoubtedly, the creator of this page expects computer users to start using it as a default search provider, but it is not advisable, you should know. It is because ExactSearch.org might present users with all kinds of links which open untrustworthy pages. These pages might look harmless at first sight, but they might contain malware inside, so users who do not leave those pages immediately after opening them risk infecting their PCs with bad software. Actually, there are pages that place malware on users’ computers the second they enter them, so users should do all it takes to avoid untrustworthy sites. One of the ways to do that is to implement the ExactSearch.org removal today. You will not regret doing that, for sure, and you could even set a new reliable page if you fully remove ExactSearch.org.
Why do I see ExactSearch.org when I open my browser?
If you have not set ExactSearch.org as your homepage and default search engine yourself, you must have encountered a browser hijacker. Usually, these threats arrive on computers next to freeware, but other distribution strategies might be used to spread them too. In any event, remove ExactSearch.org as soon as possible.
How can I delete ExactSearch.org from my browsers?
It is up to you how to delete ExactSearch.org from browsers – this can be done either manually or automatically. Both these methods are equally good, but one of them is more suitable for inexperienced users – it is an automatic method. Most probably, you are not very experienced if you are looking for information about the ExactSearch.org removal on the web, so do not hesitate to use this method. There is only one small thing you need to do before – get a reputable scanner so that you could fully scan your system with it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove ExactSearch.orgUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall ExactSearch.org. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like ExactSearch.org and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ExactSearch.org and related programs.
Remove ExactSearch.org from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ExactSearch.org from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ExactSearch.org from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ExactSearch.org from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ExactSearch.org or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ExactSearch.org from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ExactSearch.org from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ExactSearch.org from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ExactSearch.org from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ExactSearch.org and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.