About this threat in short
Gangnamgame.net is a browser hijacker categorized as a somewhat minor contamination. Set up generally occurs by chance and a lot of users feel baffled about how it happened. It is distributed via software bundles so if you discover it occupying your OS, you didn’t notice it being added when you set up free applications. A reroute virus is not a malevolent piece of malware and ought to not endanger your device in a direct way. You will, however, experience constant reroutes to advertisement websites, since that is the prime reason behind their existence. Those sites aren’t always secure so if you were to enter a unsecure portal, you may end up authorizing a much more severe contamination to infiltrate your OS. It isn’t recommended to keep it as it is somewhat useless to you. To go back to normal surfing, you just need to terminate Gangnamgame.net.
What ways do hijackers use to contaminate
Freeware frequently come with extra offers. It can be all sorts of offers, including adware, browser hijackers and other types of not wanted programs. Users usually end up authorizing browser hijackers and other undesirable items to enter as they don’t choose Advanced (Custom) settings when setting up free applications. Unmark everything that appears in Advanced mode. They will install automatically if you use Default settings as they fail to inform you of anything attached, which permits those items to install. Now that you know how it arrived in your device, terminate Gangnamgame.net.
Why should I eliminate Gangnamgame.net?
Expect for your browser’s settings to be modified as soon as the browser hijacker manages to enter your OS. You will see that your homepage, new tabs and search engine have been set to the website the hijacker is promoting. Whether you are using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they will all have their settings altered. Undoing the alterations may not be doable without you making sure to eliminate Gangnamgame.net first. Your new homepage will have a search engine, which we do not suggest using as it will insert advertisement links into the legitimate search results, in order to reroute you. Hijackers perform those redirects to peculiar web pages as more traffic means more profit for owners. What makes the reroutes awfully irritating is that you will end up on all types of strange web pages. It should be said that the redirects will not only be troublesome but also somewhat dangerous. Be careful of malicious redirects since you could be led to a more serious contamination. If you wish to safeguard your computer, terminate Gangnamgame.net as soon as possible.
It should be easiest if you downloaded anti-spyware software and had it eliminateGangnamgame.net for you. If you opt for by hand Gangnamgame.net elimination, you will need to locate all related programs yourself. However, instructions on how to terminate Gangnamgame.net will be set below this report.
Download Removal Toolto scan for Gangnamgame.netUse our recommended removal tool to scan for Gangnamgame.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Gangnamgame.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gangnamgame.net and related programs.
Remove Gangnamgame.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gangnamgame.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gangnamgame.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gangnamgame.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gangnamgame.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gangnamgame.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gangnamgame.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gangnamgame.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gangnamgame.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gangnamgame.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.