About this hijacker
Gosocialhub.com is a browser hijacker website that is advertised as an extension that allows you to easily access social media. The extension is available for download from the official website, as well as the Chrome web store. However, it’s also possible it could have installed on your computer without you knowing, via the bundling method. This method is quite widespread among unwanted program (PUP) developers and the method is basically adding the PUPs to other programs that users install, as additional offers. It’s easy to prevent these unwanted installations, but you need to pay attention to how you install those programs, which a lot of users don’t do. If you don’t remember installing the extension yourself, you definitely need to delete Gosocialhub.com.
The extension isn’t dangerous in the sense that it will not harm your computer or delete your files. However, it will change your browser’s settings so that your homepage is set to their promoted website. Those sites usually offer search engines, which could be inserting sponsored content into the results in order to redirect you. Those redirects are the main reason why hijackers exist in the first place. Some hijackers could also lead to malicious sites, which is why you should avoid using dubious search engines.
How to prevent such unwanted installations?
When you are installing programs you need to check for additional offers that come together with it. If you don’t, you’ll end up allowing them to install. In order to check and deselect them, all you need to do is access Advanced (Custom) settings during the program’s setup process. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect all of them. If you are unsure about what it is, we recommend you deselect it. Those offers usually just clutter browsers and have no real use, forcing users to get rid of them later on.
Should you remove Gosocialhub.com?
While such PUPs aren’t malicious, they can be troublesome. Primarily because they change your browser’s settings to display their set homepage and new tabs. They also reverse all change you may perform, so if you want your browser to return to normal, you’ll have to get rid of the PUP. The extension itself is advertised as one to give your Chrome browser a new look, with links to social media, such as Facebook, Skype, Instagram, etc. While users may certainly find this useful, they should not keep it if they don’t remember installing it. It also offers you a search engine, which could easily be inserting sponsored content into the results in order to redirect you. Those redirects may lead to weird or even malicious websites, so be careful.
You can easily uninstall Gosocialhub.com manually, and if you are not sure about where to start, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you. Otherwise, you can obtain anti-spyware and have it get rid of it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Gosocialhub.com Use our recommended removal tool to uninstall Gosocialhub.com . Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Gosocialhub.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Gosocialhub.com and related programs.
Remove Gosocialhub.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Gosocialhub.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Gosocialhub.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Gosocialhub.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Gosocialhub.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Gosocialhub.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Gosocialhub.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Gosocialhub.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Gosocialhub.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Gosocialhub.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.