About this aware
Safesearchgo.com redirects are probably occurring because of a adware program being installed on your system. If you happen to find it installed, you must have recently installed some kind of free program because adware usually comes bundled with freeware. The redirect tries to make you install an extension that will supposedly stop Google from tracking your searches.
These kinds of redirects could lead to some serious malware to install onto your system so never download anything from pop-ups. Adware itself is not malicious but since it can lead to a more serious infection, you should not allow it to remain installed. If that does not convince you, then maybe the never ending pop-ups will. They will appear randomly, even when you are browsing sites that don’t usually cause problems. Remove Safesearchgo.com as soon as possible.
Adware spread methods
Adware can enter silently, without the user being aware of anything. It’s usually attached to free software as an additional offer, one that you need to deselect. To be able to do this, you need to access Advanced or Custom settings because only there will added items become visible. If you do notice that something is attached, we recommend you deselect it/them. They are hiding in Advanced for a reason. You will gain nothing useful by allowing them to install. Refrain from opting for Default settings because they will not show anything, and you will be stuck having to delete Safesearchgo.com or similar over and over again.
What does it do?
The adware will attach itself to all popular browsers you have installed, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and will start generating adverts. They will appear randomly as you browse, which will constantly interrupt your browsing. The ads will be promoting an extension that will supposedly protect your from Google tracking. It does not mention the name of the extension, only that’s it’s free. It provides a download button, but pressing it is the last thing you should do. We would recommend to uninstall Safesearchgo.com. And do not engage with anything the ads are offering you. The extension will bring nothing useful, and could actually infect your computer with serious malware. In addition to this, it will slow down your computer and make your browser crash more often. There is nothing to be gained from keeping this extension so you should remove Safesearchgo.com.
It may be difficult to delete Safesearchgo.com manually because adware tends to hide so it’s more difficult to get rid of it. If you’re struggling, it may be best if you obtained anti-spyware software and had it take care of Safesearchgo.com removal. Pick the method that best suits you, but make sure you uninstall Safesearchgo.com completely, so it cannot renew itself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Safesearchgo.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Safesearchgo.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Safesearchgo.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Safesearchgo.com and related programs.
Remove Safesearchgo.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Safesearchgo.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Safesearchgo.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Safesearchgo.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Safesearchgo.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Safesearchgo.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Safesearchgo.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Safesearchgo.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Safesearchgo.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Safesearchgo.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.