Searchgosearch.com is a browser hijacker that probably used the bundling method to infect your computer. It was attached to freeware as an extra offer and you must have missed it when you were installing it. When those additional offers are not noticed, they are allowed to install without you even knowing. The hijacker will not harm your computer but it will make some changes to your browser, ones that you will probably not agree to.
Hijackers are not malicious but they can be irritating. The changes are made without you permission and then it will try to redirect you. You are redirected because the hijacker exist to generate traffic for sponsored websites, the more visitors a site gets, the more money site owners can make. And you get nothing out of this. In rare cases, hijackers are even able to lead you to malicious sites where malware could be encountered. Be cautious and delete Searchgosearch.com.
Why remove Searchgosearch.com?
If you allow it to install, Searchgosearch.com will become your homepage on all leading browsers installed on your computer. The settings are not changeable unless you uninstall Searchgosearch.com so until then, every time you open Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, you will be redirected to Searchgosearch.com. The website might look completely legitimate but you should not lose vigilance. Engaging with the hijacker might not be the best idea because they are not trustworthy. It may expose you to sponsored content, which is how the hijacker generates income. Some hijackers are even able to lead users to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. If you are not careful, you could end up with a rather serious infection on your computer. Make sure you delete Searchgosearch.com and prevent further infections.
Unfortunately, you probably allowed the hijacker to enter yourself. You either downloaded it willingly from the official website or it was attached to freeware and you missed it. In case of the latter, it would not be unusual. A lot of users install free programs and do not check whether something is attached. If there is something, you must deselect it. This can be done in Advanced or Custom settings of the installation process. Just uncheck the boxes that appear there and you will be able to install the freeware without unwanted surprises. Always use Advanced settings because otherwise, you are essentially opening the door for all kinds of undesirable programs to enter your computer. And unless you want to remove Searchgosearch.com or similar over and over again, pay attention to what you install and how you do it.
Generally, hijackers are not difficult to get rid of but they can be hidden, which might make it more time-consuming. If you go with manual Searchgosearch.com removal, you will have to do everything yourself, including finding its location. This is why we would recommend getting professional removal software and using it to uninstall Searchgosearch.com. The program would take care of everything and make sure to erase Searchgosearch.com fully so that it cannot reappear again.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchgosearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchgosearch.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like Searchgosearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchgosearch.com and related programs.
Remove Searchgosearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchgosearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchgosearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchgosearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchgosearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchgosearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchgosearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchgosearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchgosearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchgosearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.