You are dealing with a browser hijacker if you are redirected to Searchigh.com every time you open your browser. Hijackers change browser’s settings and change homepages/new tabs to load sites promoted by hijackers. Those sites try to force users to use the provided search engines, which try to redirect to sponsored websites. Those redirects to certain websites are why hijackers exist in the first place. Some websites employ hijackers to redirect traffic to them, which makes revenue.
Besides those redirects, hijackers are relatively harmless but should still be erased from a computer as soon as possible. Since sites you could be led to are not checked, you can easily end up on a page that would initiate malware to download onto your device. Hijacker’s spread methods are also quite questionable as they use the bundling method. They are attached to freeware programs as additional offers, and are permitted to install alongside the freeware without users actually noticing. Even if hijackers aren’t malicious infections, they install without permission and can indirectly expose you to malware. So delete Searchigh.com.
Why remove Searchigh.com?
It’s not surprising if you don’t remember installing the hijacker because they often use the bundling method. They are attached to freeware as extra offers, which you need to deselect to stop from installing. During freeware installation, the attached offers will be hidden if you choose Default settings. So instead, opt for Advanced (Custom) when given the choice. Those settings will make all offers visible, and you will be able to deselect them. Once you deselect an item, it will not be permitted to install. We highly doubt any of the added offers will be of any use to you so deselect all of them.
The bundling method is a rather questionable practice, and because of it, unsuspecting users end up installing all kinds of junk onto their computers. It’s highly unlikely something malicious will be added to freeware, but it’s better to be safe than sorry, so deselect all of the offers, or at least review them carefully before you allow them to install.
You will notice the hijacker soon after it installs because it will change your browser’s settings. Your homepage will be changed to display its promoted website. These changes will affect all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox), and will be irreversible unless you first get rid of the hijacker. It’s possible the website is trying to look like Google, so not everyone may notice the change. It has a similar search box and Google written above it. If you use the search engine, a lot of results may lead you to questionable websites that have little to do with what you were searching for. Those websites are looking to gain more revenue from traffic so you won’t find anything of value of them. In addition, hijackers tend to collect information about users and their activity. It could be tracking what sites you visit and what you search for, information which could be later shared with unrelated third-parties. So if you want to avoid being tracked and don’t want to constantly end up on questionable sites, do not keep the hijacker.
You can uninstall Searchigh.com either manually or automatically. If you have little experience with how to erase programs, you are welcome to use the below provided instructions to help you. Otherwise, download and install anti-spyware software and have it get rid of the infection for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Searchigh.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Searchigh.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Searchigh.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Searchigh.com and related programs.
Remove Searchigh.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Searchigh.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Searchigh.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Searchigh.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Searchigh.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Searchigh.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Searchigh.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Searchigh.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Searchigh.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Searchigh.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.