What is searchmpct.com?
searchmpct.com is a browser hijacker that may suddenly appear on your browser. If you do not remember installing it, you are not the only one. Many users find their computers infected with browser hijackers and no recollection about how it happened. If you install free software that has a hijacker attached to it, you must deselect the hijacker. Otherwise, it will install automatically. Most users are not aware of its existence thus allow it to install. Thankfully, it will not harm your computer directly. But it will try to generate income for sponsored websites by redirecting you to those sites. You need to be careful when dealing with redirects as you could end up on an infected page and pick up malware by mistake. If you are not careful, you will end up with a much more serious issues compared to mere browser hijacker. Uninstall searchmpct.com.
How does searchmpct.com spread?
Browser hijackers are attached to free software. This is why you need to pay close attention to how you install free software. During the process, you must use Advanced settings as only then will you be able to deselect what has been added. If the item goes unnoticed, it installs automatically. This happens when users rush through the installation process in Default settings. Those settings will not even inform you of any added items. Always use Advanced and uncheck the boxes of the added items. Otherwise, you will be stuck with having to delete searchmpct.com or similar.
Why remove searchmpct.com?
Once this hijacker is on your computer, it will proceed to set itself as your homepage and new tabs. The change is done without your permission and you cannot undo the modifications unless you first uninstall searchmpct.com browser hijacker from your computer. All leading browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will be affected. The homepage will provide you with a search bar and a service to convert to either PDF or DOC. If you use the search engine, you will be taken to Saferbrowser Yahoo search, which means your search results will be filled with sponsored content. That is not unusual as hijackers aim to make income by redirecting you to those sites. What you need to be careful of is malicious pages. A browser hijacker can very easily lead you to a dangerous web page where malware is lurking. If you were to enter such a site, you could end up with a malicious computer virus on your computer. Browser hijackers will only disrupt your browsing and potentially expose you to malicious content. We strongly suggest you take the time to delete searchmpct.com.
You can remove searchmpct.com either automatically or manually. If you choose the latter option, you will have to locate and take care of searchmpct.com removal yourself. You are welcome to use the provided guide below. You can also obtain a removal tool and have it erase searchmpct.com for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove searchmpct.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall searchmpct.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like searchmpct.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall searchmpct.com and related programs.
Remove searchmpct.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall searchmpct.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete searchmpct.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove searchmpct.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for searchmpct.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete searchmpct.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase searchmpct.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove searchmpct.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall searchmpct.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable searchmpct.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.