SearchNow.comis a browser hijacker that could change your browser’s settings without permission. Hijackers are very easy to identify as they change your homepages and new tabs to their own domains. So if a weird site keeps appearing when you open your browser, you may have an infection on your hands.
It’s not serious and hijackers are generally thought to be low-level. Since hijackers are not malware, there’s no need to worry about it harming your computer directly. As long as you delete searchnow.com right away, you will be fine. However, if you choose to ignore the problem, the hijacker could lead you to some trouble. Hijackers aim to redirect users to sponsored sites but those sites are not always safe. Some of them could lead to malware if you are not careful. This is why you need to remove searchnow.com as soon as you notice its presence. And make sure you read the next paragraphs carefully so that you understand how to prevent similar infections in the future.
Why uninstall searchnow.com?
Once the infection has entered your computer, it will immediately change your browser’s settings. Basically, whenever you launch Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, a weird site will load instead of your usual homepage. These changes are irreversible unless you delete searchnow.com hijacker first, which should be your priority. You will be presented with a search engine but we do not recommend using it. It will most likely insert sponsored content into the results so that you would be redirected to sponsored sites. This would not be unusual as most hijackers tend to do that. It’s usually just annoying but we feel it’s necessary to warn you that some hijackers can lead users to malicious content. So if you want to avoid a possible malware infections, ensure you fully remove searchnow.com.
The hijacker was allowed to enter your system by none other than yourself. You must have recently installed free software and the hijacker was probably attached to it. That means you did not pay enough attention to how you installed freeware. This is not unusual. Especially because those extra offers are not visible in Default, which are the settings most users go for. Instead of that, you need to use Advanced or Custom. Advanced mode will show you if anything has been added and if there is something, you will be allowed to deselect everything. Make sure you uncheck all the boxes so that no offer can slip by you.
If you choose to uninstall searchnow.com hijacker, you can do it in two ways. You can obtain anti-spyware software and have it take care of everything. Or you could go with manual searchnow.com removal. This would be the more time-consuming options as you would need to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SearchNow.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SearchNow.com. Trial version of SpyHunter provides detection of computer threats like SearchNow.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SearchNow.com and related programs.
Remove SearchNow.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SearchNow.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SearchNow.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SearchNow.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SearchNow.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SearchNow.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SearchNow.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SearchNow.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SearchNow.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SearchNow.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.