About SecuryBrowse Protection
SecuryBrowse Protection is a dubious browser extension and a browser hijacker. It’s a minor computer infection that will try to redirect you to sponsored websites in order to help make revenue. It won’t harm your computer directly but because it could lead to unreliable websites, it’s not recommended to keep it installed.
Browser hijackers often pretend to be useful extensions so that users decide to keep them but may appear without the user’s explicit consent. Hijackers are very noticeable because they make changes to browsers, such as setting their promoted websites as homepages. Once the affected browser is opened, the website loads, immediately alerting the user of a hijacker’s presence. Some users may be unfamiliar with hijackers, thus either think nothing of the changes or become alarmed, fearing a virus infection. Hijackers aren’t exactly viruses, although many people refer to them as such. We strongly recommend you delete SecuryBrowse Protection nevertheless.
A hijacker may have gotten into your computer via freeware bundles, a method favored by unwanted program developers. The method is still pretty widespread because a lot of users do not pay enough attention to how they install programs. This leads to a lot of junk being installed on computers.
Should you remove SecuryBrowse Protection?
First of all, we should explain how to avoid installing these kinds of threats. Because they use the bundling method, you just need to pay attention to how you install freeware programs. Hijackers, among other infections, are added to freeware as extra offers, and you need to deselect them during installation. Choose Advanced (Custom) settings when given the option, and deselect the boxes of those extra offers. Default settings will conceal the added offers, so opt for Advanced instead. After you have deselected all the offers, you can continue installing the program.
As we’ve mentioned, you will know immediately when a hijacker has taken control of your browser. Your browsers’ (whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) homepages will be changed, and you will be unable to undo these changes. The new homepage will load every time you open your browser. If you use the provided search engine, you will encounter sponsored content inserted into the results. Hijackers are employed by website masters in order to generate traffic and make revenue from it. As a result, users are tricked into visiting questionable websites, some of which could even be malicious. Because those sites are not checked, you could end up on a site that leads to a malware infection. Avoid the search engine and its search results if you notice a hijacker in your system until your computer is clean. You should also keep in mind that hijackers tend to track users and their activity. They would store information about you and your browsing habits, possibly later sharing that information with third-parties.
SecuryBrowse Protection removal
The extension will give you nothing but trouble, so uninstall SecuryBrowse Protection. You can do it in two ways, manually or automatically. Manual elimination means you will have to do everything yourself but you are welcome to use the instructions we have provided below this article. Another option is to use anti-spyware software to get rid of the infection. Download and install anti-spyware, scan your computer and get rid of the infection.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove SecuryBrowse ProtectionUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall SecuryBrowse Protection. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like SecuryBrowse Protection and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall SecuryBrowse Protection and related programs.
Remove SecuryBrowse Protection from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall SecuryBrowse Protection from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete SecuryBrowse Protection from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove SecuryBrowse Protection from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for SecuryBrowse Protection or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete SecuryBrowse Protection from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase SecuryBrowse Protection from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove SecuryBrowse Protection from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall SecuryBrowse Protection from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable SecuryBrowse Protection and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.