What can be mentioned about this infection
str-search.com is believed to be a redirect virus that may set up without your authorization. Hijackers are commonly accidentally set up by users, they might not even be aware of the infection. It is spread added to free applications so if you run into it occupying your OS, you must have recently set up free software. A browser intruder is not a malevolent virus and should not harm. You will, however, be continually redirected to sponsored web pages, since that is the primary reason behind their existence. Those portals are not always secure so bear in mind that if you were to get rerouted to a web page that is not safe you might end up contaminating your device with damaging software. It isn’t recommended to keep it as it will present no useful features. Delete str-search.com and you could return to normal browsing.
Reroute virus travel methods
Freeware frequently travel with extra offers. It might have ad-supported programs, hijackers and various unwanted tools attached to it. Those attached items are hidden in Advanced (Custom) mode so pick those settings to avoid installing browser hijackers or other unnecessary applications. If there are additional items, simply deselect the boxes. Installation will happen automatically if you use Default mode since you won’t be able to check for something adjoined, and that allows those items to set up. Now that you are aware of how it entered your system, uninstall str-search.com.
Why must I delete str-search.com?
Your browser’s settings will be changed as soon as the browser intruder is installed. Your set homepage, new tabs and search engine have been set to the site the hijacker’s advertised page. All leading browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, will have those alterations performed. And all your efforts to reverse the alterations will go to waste unless you first uninstall str-search.com from your computer. Your new home web page will be promoting a search engine, which we don’t encourage using as it will implant sponsored links into the legitimate search results, so as to reroute you. Browser intruders execute those reroutes to weird sites as more traffic means more money for owners. Redirects will occur to all kinds of weird websites, which makes hijackers highly bothersome deal with. While the hijacker isn’t malicious itself, it can still cause severe trouble. You could be led to some damaging website, where malicious software could be lurking, by those redirects. If you wish to safeguard your system, eliminate str-search.com as soon as possible.
How to eliminate str-search.com
So as to abolish str-search.com, we suggest you use anti-spyware applications. By hand str-search.com elimination means you will need to locate the browser intruder yourself, which can might take more time as you will have to identify the hijacker yourself. We will supply instructions to help you remove str-search.com in case you have a hard time with locating it.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove str-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall str-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like str-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall str-search.com and related programs.
Remove str-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall str-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete str-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove str-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for str-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete str-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase str-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove str-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall str-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable str-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.