Swapgame.net is a questionable website, promoted by a browser hijacker. It appeared on your computer when you were installing freeware. It was attached to freeware as an additional offers and you did not notice it. When those kinds of items go unnoticed, they are allowed to install alongside the freeware.
This is why such infections are so common. They can easily be avoided, however. It’s not a malicious infection so you have no reason to worry too much. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you will be stuck with a weird site as your homepage and new tabs. It will try to redirect you to sponsored pages because it exists to generate traffic for those sites. If you are not careful, you could be redirected to malicious websites where malware could be lurking. This would be why you need to delete Swapgame.net.
Why remove Swapgame.net?
Browser hijacker do not benefit you, they just unnecessarily expose you to possibly malicious content. They change your browser’s settings without permission and prevent you from reversing those alterations. You will be stuck with the weird homepage and new tabs until you uninstall Swapgame.net from your system. It’s especially annoying because those changes affect all popular browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. But we suppose you will not be able to ignore the problem if you can’t run away from it. It’s best you deal with it right away and not engage with the website. Do not use the search engine because it will probably be inserting sponsored sites among legitimate results so that you would be redirected. Those reroutes could even lead to malicious sites, which could result in a serious malware infection so you need to delete Swapgame.net hijacker immediately.
How did it end up on your computer?
Browser hijackers are added to freeware as extra offers and are hidden. No one would install them otherwise. If you want to avoid them, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. Those settings will allow you to see what has been added and if you see something, you will be able to uncheck it/them. We would suggest you uncheck everything because those offers do not belong on the system and are hidden for a reason. Avoid using Default settings and rushing because that will achieve nothing. And instead of taking a couple of seconds to uncheck a few boxes, you will spend possibly hours trying to remove Swapgame.net or similar later on.
As usual with hijackers, you have two ways to uninstall Swapgame.net, manually and automatically. The latter might take less time because the anti-spyware program of your choice would take care of everything and make sure to get rid of the hijacker fully. On the other hand, manual Swapgame.net removal is more time-consuming because you will have to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Swapgame.netUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Swapgame.net. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Swapgame.net and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Swapgame.net and related programs.
Remove Swapgame.net from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Swapgame.net from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Swapgame.net from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Swapgame.net from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Swapgame.net or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Swapgame.net from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Swapgame.net from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Swapgame.net from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Swapgame.net from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Swapgame.net and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.