What is Thetabsearch.com?
Thetabsearch.com is not one of those trustworthy websites, for sure. Instead, it is known to be a browser hijacker, so users might find this dubious website set on their all browsers. If you have already discovered changes applied by it, this must mean that a browser hijacker is already inside your system. These infections are not developed by cyber criminals seeking to make users angry or annoyed. In most cases, browser hijackers apply changes to browsers so that they could disseminate commercial advertisements.
Thetabsearch.com is no exception – you might find on this page tons of advertisements, so letting it stay is like sitting on a bomb – you might one day click on those ads it displays and download malicious software on your computer. We want you to help to prevent malware from entering your PC, so we recommend implementing the Thetabsearch.com removal today. It does not have any advantages, so you will not regret removing it from your computer, we are sure.
What does Thetabsearch.com do?
Thetabsearch.com is one of those untrustworthy domains that replace default settings of browsers on users’ computers. Because it makes modifications without the user’s knowledge, it has been classified as a browser hijacker. If you have not noticed yet, you will soon find out that Thetabsearch.com is full of commercial advertisements. Clicking on them is not recommended because they might redirect straight to websites with malware. Frankly speaking, we do not think that users will effectively protect their PCs from malware by ignoring those ads they see because it is still possible to click on them accidentally even if they decide to ignore them. It does not mean that you cannot prevent malicious software from entering your computer – go to uninstall Thetabsearch.com from all your browsers today so that it could no longer generate commercial advertisements and display them on your Desktop. If you remove Thetabsearch.com, it could no longer collect information about you too, so we are sure it is worth getting rid of it as soon as possible.
How did Thetabsearch.com enter my PC?
As has already been mentioned in previous paragraphs, Thetabsearch.com is a browser hijacker. Because of this, we know exactly how it is distributed. In most cases, it travels in software bundles, but we are sure that it might enter computers using other deceptive strategies as well. You cannot keep Thetabsearch.com set on browsers if you wish to have a clean system no matter how it has been set on your browsers. Find more about the Thetabsearch.com removal in the last paragraph.
How do I delete Thetabsearch.com?
Thetabsearch.com is not a webpage you should keep in the place of your homepage because it might cause trouble. It should not be that hard to remove Thetabsearch.com because it applies changes to browsers only. That is, it does not touch the system registry or other crucial directories on the affected system. You can delete Thetabsearch.com either manually or automatically, but if you want to hear our opinion, we would choose the automatic over the manual removal method.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove TheTabSearch.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall TheTabSearch.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like TheTabSearch.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall TheTabSearch.com and related programs.
Remove TheTabSearch.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall TheTabSearch.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete TheTabSearch.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove TheTabSearch.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for TheTabSearch.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete TheTabSearch.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase TheTabSearch.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove TheTabSearch.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall TheTabSearch.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable TheTabSearch.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.