What is Tika-search.com?
Tika-search.com is a website that pretends to be a useful search engine; however, the truth is that it has been created by cyber criminals seeking to earn profit and increase the traffic rate of partners’ websites. Therefore, if you ever notice Tika-search.com set on your browsers, you should remove Tika-search.com without further consideration. It will not be easy to do that because this search engine is not an ordinary program that has an uninstaller in Control Panel. Fortunately, it is still possible to implement the Tika-search.com removal manually. If you find it too hard after reading this article, you could use an automatic malware remover to make this questionable search engine disappear from your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers.
Why do I need to delete Tika-search.com?
Tika-search.com might look like a simple search engine; however, the truth is that it does not act as it should. Specialists have noticed that this search engine shows the modified search results instead of displaying search results associated with the entered keyword. Of course, not all the search results will be modified; however, only a small number of search results you will see will be legitimate. If you keep clicking on bad search results, you might one day end up on a corrupted website containing tons of malicious applications. Yes, you can quickly cause harm to your computer by keeping and using Tika-search.com as your main search tool. Therefore, we suggest that you uninstall Tika-search.com in the near future. You should also do that to protect your privacy from being violated because this questionable search engine might do that very quickly.
How is Tika-search.com distributed?
Like other similar search engines, Tika-search.com comes as a part of a browser hijacker infection. Browser hijackers are known to travel together with freeware and shareware. They hide behind these programs and usually do not inform users about the changes. Users sometimes get this browser hijacker after clicking on some kind of bad link as well. Luckily, you can protect your system from browser hijackers. In order not to encounter a similar threat again in the future, you should install security software on your computer and keep it there. We also suggest that you do not download software from suspicious websites. Finally, you should be very careful and do not click on all kinds of links you come across on the web. If you do as we say, you will not need to delete Tika-search.com or another threat again.
How can I remove Tika-search.com from my browsers?
Even though it is not very easy to implement the Tika-search.com removal, it is still possible to do that. You can either go for the automatic or manual removal. If you have decided to erase this threat in a manual way, you will need to reset your browsers and then set a search engine of your choice. Another quicker way to get rid of it is to scan the system with an automatic malware remover.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Tika-search.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Tika-search.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Tika-search.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Tika-search.com and related programs.
Remove Tika-search.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Tika-search.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Tika-search.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Tika-search.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Tika-search.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Tika-search.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Tika-search.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Tika-search.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Tika-search.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Tika-search.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.