About ViewMyPDF Adware
ViewMyPDF Adware is a rather minor but annoying infection that will cause ads to appear on your screen. From the name, you might think it’s some kind of PDF viewer but it’s actually a program that allows you to play flash games from your desktop. It aims to make revenue by bombarding your screen with ads, hoping you will interact with them. Adware is not a serious threat in the sense that it will not harm your computer directly.
However, its generated ads are not only annoying but they are also potentially dangerous. The advertisements are not checked, thus may be concealing malicious content which could cause harm to your computer. You could be exposed to scams and malware, so keeping adware installed is not recommended, even if you find its provided features useful. Interacting with any of the ads is not suggested because you could easily end up clicking on the wrong ad and end up with malware. Further on in this report, we will explain what kind of ads you can expect to encounter and why engaging with them could be potentially dangerous.
With so many similar similar programs being available, it’s doubtful you installed this one intentionally. If you cannot remember doing that, the adware likely used the bundling method to install. It was probably attached to some freeware that you installed, and you did not notice. Because those attached items are preselected by default, they will install unless you manually deselect them. If that is how the program installed, then you should definitely uninstall ViewMyPDF Adware. If you are unsure about how to do that, you can follow our provided instructions to help you. You can find them at the bottom of the article.
How did it install?
Unwanted programs like this usually use the bundling method to install. Essentially, what that means is that adware (and other minor infections like browser hijackers) comes attached to freeware as an extra offer. As we’ve mentioned above, the offer will install alongside automatically, unless you manually prevent it from doing so. To do that, you need to follow freeware installation processes somewhat carefully. During the process, read the provided information and look for any indications that there is something added. Most importantly, when given the choice, make sure you choose Advanced (Custom) settings. If you continue with Default, added offers will be hidden. Advanced settings will make all of them visible, and you will be able to deselect them. By simply unchecking their boxes, you are preventing unwanted programs from installing. Once you have deselected everything, you may continue installing the program.
If you don’t deselect the offers, your computer will quickly fill up with junk programs, which can be highly annoying to get rid of. So whatever you may be installing, always opt for Advanced settings and deselect the extra offers.
What does it do?
You probably have already noticed the most annoying feature of adware, which is advertisements. Once adware is successfully installed, you will start seeing ads much more commonly. You could also be redirected to weird sites. The ads will appear and redirects can happen on all leading browsers you have installed, whether it’s Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. And until you get rid of the adware, the ads will continue to bother you.
You will encounter all kinds of ads but while adware is installed, we do not recommend engaging with them at all. One of the more dangerous ads you can encounter is one that offers you to download programs/updates. While seemingly harmless at first sight, they could be concealing dangerous malware as useful programs. Downloading anything from ads and pop-ups is always dangerous because you can never know what you will end up with. Therefore, if you need a program/update, always use legitimate websites/sources, and never adverts. Otherwise, you could be putting your computer in danger.
Another common ad you could encounter is virus and tech-support scams. Such ads claim that your computer has been infected with malware, and that downloading provided anti-virus software or calling the given number for tech-support is necessary. The provided link for supposed anti-virus will likely lead you to malware, and if you called the number for supposed tech-support you would get scammed out of hundreds of dollars. Legitimate malware alerts will never appear in your browser, nor will legitimate companies request that you call their tech-support.
You could also encounter ads claiming you have won something. You are usually offered some kind of expensive gadget, like a smartphone. In order to receive the prize, you would be asked to provide your personal information, or maybe pay a small fee. Since all of it would be a scam, you would merely be giving personal information to people who mean you harm. Phone numbers and emails could be used to scam people further. And if you have provided your banking information to scammers by accident, you may want to contact your bank to secure your accounts.
ViewMyPDF Adware removal
It may be easiest to remove ViewMyPDF Adware using anti-spyware software. There are plenty of good options to choose from, so if one anti-spyware does not detect this adware, another will. Once you are done shopping for security software, scan your computer and allow the program to take care of the infection. You can also delete ViewMyPDF Adware manually, for which we will provide instructions below this article.
Download Removal Toolto scan for ViewMyPDF AdwareUse our recommended removal tool to scan for ViewMyPDF Adware. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like ViewMyPDF Adware and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall ViewMyPDF Adware and related programs.
Remove ViewMyPDF Adware from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall ViewMyPDF Adware from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete ViewMyPDF Adware from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove ViewMyPDF Adware from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for ViewMyPDF Adware or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete ViewMyPDF Adware from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase ViewMyPDF Adware from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove ViewMyPDF Adware from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall ViewMyPDF Adware from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable ViewMyPDF Adware and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.