What is this program?
VulkanRT is a legitimate 3D graphics Application Programming Interface (API), developed by The Khronos Group. Users report that they notice this program in their Program Files (x86) folder, and because they do not recall installing it, they are unsettled that it may be malicious. Before we proceed to explain what it is exactly, we first want to reassure you that it’s not malware, and is a fully legitimate program.
Essentially, VulkanRT is a graphics API that improves the performance of 3D in certain applications, such as games. It also balances tasks across multi-core CPUs. Since it can render graphics in a more orderly way, it makes performance that much better. It was released in 2015 and while it is the successor to OpenGL, the latter is still more useful in some cases. VulkanRT is similar to Direct3D12 but it may be run on many operating system, such as Windows, Linux and Android.
Since the program is completely legitimate, you may be wondering how it installed without you noticing. The program usually comes along with something else, such as with a game. Many games both utilize and require VulkanRT, so it may have come from a game you downloaded and installed. If you haven’t recently installed any games and have never noticed VulkanRT before, it could have also installed along with graphics drivers for your NVIDIA or AMD graphic cards. Or maybe you recently installed new GPU drivers, with which came VulkanRT. Since there are multiple scenarios which could have resulted in it being installed, there is no reason to worry.
Should you delete VulkanRT?
Since it came bundled together with something that you are using, we do not recommend you remove VulkanRT. It’s perfectly safe and there is no reason to not keep it. However, just as a precaution, we should warn you that some malware does disguise itself as a legitimate program in order to avoid detection. It’s unlikely to happen in this case, but it’s still something you should be aware of. If you have anti-malware software and it’s warning you about VulkanRT being malicious, it’s worth checking it out. However, do not uninstall VulkanRT with anti-malware before you check that it’s actually malicious. If the detected file is in Programs Files (x86) and is under the name VulkanRT, it’s safe and the warning can be ignored. However, if you notice that instead of VulkanRT, it’s VulcanRT or something similar, your anti-malware software may be on to something and you should consider removing the file.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove VulkanRTUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall VulkanRT. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like VulkanRT and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall VulkanRT and related programs.
Remove VulkanRT from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall VulkanRT from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete VulkanRT from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove VulkanRT from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for VulkanRT or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete VulkanRT from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase VulkanRT from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove VulkanRT from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall VulkanRT from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable VulkanRT and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.