weemi.com is a browser hijacker that could have entered your computer without you even noticing. If you notice it inhabiting your system, there’s no need to be too alarmed because it should not do direct harm. It will however, make changes to your browsers and set a different homepage and new tabs so that it would be easier to redirect you.
Redirecting users to sponsored pages is basically why a hijacker even exists. Sometimes, they pretend to be useful so users would consider keeping them, but in the end, they are all useless and should not be allowed to remain on the system. weemi.com might also be able to lead you to malicious content and you could infect your computer with serious malware. The hijacker users the bundling method to enter your computer, which means you need to start paying closer attention to how you install free programs. Also, delete weemi.com.
How does weemi.com spread?
There is nothing original when it comes to hijacker spread methods. They all use the bundling method, which means if you learn how weemi.com installed on your computer, you will be able to prevent similar infections in the future. And it’s really not difficult to do. All you need to do is use Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware and uncheck all added items. Those extra offers will only be visible in Advanced or Custom settings so keep that in mind if you choose to use Default. Unless you want to regularly have to uninstall weemi.com and similar, always use Advanced.
Why remove weemi.com?
The website that will become your homepage on all browsers (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) looks very basic and you will immediately notice that something is wrong. The changes made to the browsers are carried out without your permission and are irreversible unless you first delete weemi.com from the system. Until then, it will load every time you open your browser. There will be a search engine provided and it’s rather useless. Whether you perform a search via address bar or search bar, you will be forced to use the same search engine. It barely generates any results and those that will appear will be ads. They are irrelevant to what you search for so there is no reason why you should click on them. Keep in mind that hijackers can easily insert a malicious site into the results and if you were to enter it, you could end up with malware. It is absolutely useless to you, so we suggest you uninstall weemi.com.
When it comes to weemi.com removal, there are two ways to do it. Depending on how much experience you have, choose the one that suits you best. You can remove weemi.com manually but you will have to find it yourself, which could be difficult. Or, you could download professional removal software and have it eliminate weemi.com for you.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Weemi.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Weemi.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Weemi.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall Weemi.com and related programs.
Remove Weemi.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Weemi.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Weemi.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Weemi.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Weemi.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Weemi.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Weemi.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Weemi.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Weemi.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Weemi.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.