YeaDesktop is a browser hijacker that would change your browser’s settings if it is installed. Hijackers do not use some secret method to infect and it’s easy to avoid infections, however, many users still end up with them because they do not pay attention to what they install onto their systems. Browser hijackers are attached to free software as those extra offers that you are not obligated to accept.
But if they go unnoticed, they end up installing. Hijackers themselves are not malicious and they should not do harm to your computer but they can sometimes lead users to malicious pages. They aim to redirect users to sponsored content but sometimes infected sites get mixed among them. So you could end up with some serious malware if you are not careful. You ought to remove YeaDesktop because in addition to all of the above mentioned things, it will also change your browser’s settings and not allow you to change them back.
Why delete YeaDesktop?
Once the hijacker enters your computer’s system, it will make yeadesktop.com your homepage and new tabs on all your browsers (be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). These changes could be performed without your permission and you would be stuck with them until you uninstall YeaDesktop. The website itself is full of various kinds of things but trusting anything on the site is not recommended. In fact, if you have anti-malware installed, it should block access to the web page because of malicious content. If you do gain access to the site, do not engage with it because it could expose you to unsafe content. Hijackers are sometimes capable of leading users to malicious sites where malware could be lurking. In some cases, you might not even notice how malicious software could invade your computer. There are much more reliable sites to set as your homepage out there, ones that you would be able to choose yourself. Remove YeaDesktop.
It got into your computer via software bundles. It must have been attached as an additional offer and you did not deselect it, which allowed it to install alongside the freeware. If you want to block these unwanted installations, you need to access Advanced or Custom settings and manually deselect everything that has been added. Seeing as all you have to do is uncheck a couple of boxes, it is a relatively simple and quick process. In comparison, if you use Default, you will install all those extra offers and will end up having to delete YeaDesktop or similar later on.
If you can find the hijacker on your system, you can try to uninstall YeaDesktop manually. Some users might have trouble with it so we recommend employing anti-malware software and having it erase YeaDesktop. After YeaDesktop removal, you should be able to change back the settings and go back to usual browsing.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove YeaDesktopUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall YeaDesktop. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like YeaDesktop and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall YeaDesktop and related programs.
Remove YeaDesktop from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall YeaDesktop from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete YeaDesktop from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove YeaDesktop from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for YeaDesktop or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete YeaDesktop from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase YeaDesktop from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove YeaDesktop from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall YeaDesktop from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable YeaDesktop and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
- remove yea desktop
- how to delete yeadesktop
- remove yea
- uninstall yea desktop
- yea desktop removal from registry
- yeadesktop removal from pc
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.