What is PCOptiDriver?
PCOptiDriver is advertised as a beneficial application. It should allow users to update drivers on their computers very easily, so it does not surprise us at all that some users download and install this program on their computers themselves. If you are one of them, do not expect the program to be very beneficial.
It has even turned out that it is not free software even though it claims to be one. If you know that you are not going to purchase its license anytime soon, we see no reasons you should keep it installed on your system. The PCOptiDriver removal should not be hard at all because it is not a dangerous threat. It is more likely that it is one of those potentially unwanted applications, so you might even find it possible to remove PCOptiDriver via Control Panel.
What does PCOptiDriver do?
PCOptiDriver should work as a beneficial program; however, users who install this application on their computers soon realize that its free version does not work in a very useful way. That is, it can only identify drivers that need to be updated, but it does not actually update them. You can change this by upgrading the program, but this will cost you money because you will need to purchase its license. We suspect that it will not be very cheap. If you decide that you are not going to invest money in a potentially unwanted program, you should delete PCOptiDriver from your system as soon as possible. If you keep it installed, it will still perform activities on your computer. For instance, it might collect some information about you, or it might use your Internet connection to get updates. This program is not the only potentially unwanted application you can find installed on your computer, so you should be more careful from now on. We do not think that you could easily prevent bad software from entering your computer alone, so we have one tiny piece of advice for you – you should install security software on your computer after the PCOptiDriver removal.
Why do I have PCOptiDriver installed on my computer?
If you are sure you have not installed PCOptiDriver on your computer, it is very likely that you have detected it on your computer because it has been installed on it without your permission. Potentially unwanted programs are usually not promoted alone. They are often spread together with other programs, so users do not even notice how they enter their computers. In any event, you should uninstall PCOptiDriver if it has been installed on your PC without your consent.
How do I delete PCOptiDriver?
If you are sure you are not going to use PCOptiDriver, you should delete it from your system today. The chances are high that you could remove PCOptiDriver from your system through Control Panel, so go to check whether it has an entry there first. If not, it would be best to scan the system with an automated malware remover to disable it. Of course, you will first need to download a scanner from the Internet.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove PCOptiDriverUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall PCOptiDriver. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like PCOptiDriver and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall PCOptiDriver and related programs.
Remove PCOptiDriver from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall PCOptiDriver from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete PCOptiDriver from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove PCOptiDriver from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for PCOptiDriver or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete PCOptiDriver from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase PCOptiDriver from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove PCOptiDriver from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall PCOptiDriver from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable PCOptiDriver and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.