Huntquery.com Removal Tips (Uninstall Huntquery.com)
Huntquery.com is one of many browser hijackers that can enter your system and change your browser settings without your notice. It affects all most commonly used web browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and others.
The hijacker travels in free software bundles, which is why it often gets installed unnoticed by the users. If you want to avoid similar issues in the future, you should pay more attention to the free software installation wizard and decline all additional offers with which it presents you. As there is nothing useful about the hijacker, we advise that you remove Huntquery.com from your browsers without unnecessary delay.
How does Huntquery.com work?
Browser hijackers are aimed at making profit for their creators by employing the pay-per-click system. This means that Huntquery.com will use various tactics to expose you to as much advertising data as possible. Its main symptom is that it alters your browser settings including your home page and default search engine. These settings are switched to Huntquery.com. The website contains a search box, which shows you original results. However, these results are likely to contain sponsored links that come from the hijacker.
Other symptoms that have to do with the hijacker’s purpose include it inserting advertisements into all pages that you open and causing redirects to unfamiliar websites. The adverts that flood your browsers are not monitored by anyone, so they could be fake. Interacting with them could lead to serious consequences including financial losses, malware infections, data corruption, and more. If you do not wish to risk your online safety by accidentally clicking on them, you should not hesitate to delete Huntquery.com from your browsers. By terminating the hijacker, you will also make sure that you no longer have to deal with its other symptoms like Internet and system slow downs, tracking cookies, and more.
How to remove Huntquery.com?
There are two ways to delete Huntquery.com: manually or automatically. If you choose manual Huntquery.com removal option, you will have to complete two tasks. First, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related application from your computer. Once you do that, you should be able to fix your web browser settings without any issues. Instructions presented below the article will help you terminate Huntquery.com for good. Alternatively, you can use a malware removal tool and clean your PC completely. The utility will help you remove all threats that are present in your system including the hijacker. Moreover, it will keep your computer safe and protected in the future.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Huntquery.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Huntquery.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Huntquery.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall Huntquery.com and related programs.
Remove Huntquery.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Huntquery.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Huntquery.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Huntquery.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Huntquery.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Huntquery.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Huntquery.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Huntquery.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Huntquery.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Huntquery.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.