How to uninstall Kilo-search.com
Kilo-search.com is not your regular search website. It is a browser hijacker that can alter your settings without your permission. It can change your home page and default search engine. The hijacker is similar to other programs of this type such as Search-results-hub.com, Search.klivs.com, Search.netbetterresults.com, and many more.
The purpose of these applications is to promote their sponsors and thus generate web traffic. That is how their developers make profit. We recommend that you delete Kilo-search.com as soon as you can and go back to using legitimate search tools.
How does Kilo-search.com work?
The hijacker has an “About us” webpage at info.kilo-search.com, which describes how it gets distributed, stating that it has partnered with popular software packages that allow users to install the search settings during their setup. All this means is that the hijacker travels in freeware and shareware bundles and in most cases gets installed without computer user’s notice. The page also states that Kilo-Search “aims to provide the ultimate online search experience.” Unfortunately, that is simply not true.
Once the hijacker takes over, it sets your home page and default search provider to Kilo-search.com. This page contains a search box and fake adverts that appear right below it. If you enter a term into the search box, you will get redirected to search.smartshopping.com. This page will present you with results containing sponsored links. You will also see various advertisements on other pages that you visit, not just the ones that have to do with the hijacker. As you can see, the main aim of the hijacker has nothing to do with providing you with the “ultimate search experience”. Instead, its main purpose is to flood you with commercial data, not all of which is even reliable. That is why you should terminate Kilo-search.com without delay.
How to remove Kilo-search.com?
In order to eliminate Kilo-search.com from your browsers, you can choose one of two options. You can delete Kilo-search.com manually or automatically. If you choose manual Kilo-search.com removal, you will have to uninstall the hijacker’s related application and restore your browser settings. Manual removal instructions are presented below the article. If, however, you choose to erase Kilo-search.com automatically, you should download the anti-malware tool from our page. It will scan your system, detect all potential threats and remove Kilo-search.com along with them.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove Kilo SearchUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall Kilo Search. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like Kilo Search and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Step 1. Uninstall Kilo Search and related programs.
Remove Kilo Search from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall Kilo Search from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete Kilo Search from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove Kilo Search from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for Kilo Search or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete Kilo Search from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase Kilo Search from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove Kilo Search from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall Kilo Search from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable Kilo Search and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
Incoming search terms:
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.