About this threat
kmspico virus refers to an illegal tool that is used to crack Microsoft software. Besides it being illegal, it’s also dangerous to use as such crack tools are often associated with malware. KMS, or Key Management System, is a legitimate tool that many companies use to activate certain services on a group of computers via local network. This is a useful tool because the computers don’t need to be connected individually to Microsoft, which saves plenty of time. The illegal tool kmspico can bypass the entire process and activate the services for 180 days for free.
For it to end up on your computer, you willingly have to download it. So you likely knowingly obtained it to activate certain Microsoft services without having to pay for them. For your sake, we hope that is the only thing you obtained when downloading this tool. It would not be surprising if you got some kind of malware infection along with it. It could have brought some kind of Trojan, keylogger, or a potentially unwanted program, and that threat could now be spying on you, collecting your personal information. And you likely followed the directions on the download websites, which asked you to disable your anti-malware software. Thus, if an infection is present on the computer, you’d have no way of knowing it.
Downloading such illegal tools is never a good idea. Not only are you stealing, you’re also possibly putting your computer in danger. You usually get such software from dubious download websites/sources which harbor plenty of malware, so if you want your computer clean, stick to legal software.
kmspico virus removal
It’s not recommended to allow this software to remain on your computer, and not just because you’re stealing by using it. It could lead to a severely harmful malware entering your computer, thus it’s best if you delete kmspico virus. You will find instructions below this article to manually remove kmspico virus. Do not forget to reactivate your anti-malware software after the process is complete, aka after you uninstall kmspico virus, and scan your computer with it to ensure there are no additional infections present.
Download Removal Toolto remove kmspico virusUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall kmspico virus. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like kmspico virus and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
Is MacKeeper a virus? MacKeeper is not a virus, nor is it a scam. While there are various opinions about the program on the Internet, a lot of the people who so notoriously hate the program have neve ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Uninstall kmspico virus and related programs.
Remove kmspico virus from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall kmspico virus from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete kmspico virus from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove kmspico virus from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for kmspico virus or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete kmspico virus from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase kmspico virus from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove kmspico virus from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall kmspico virus from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable kmspico virus and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.