What is a browser hijacker?
KwanZy.com is a useless search engine, promoted by a browser hijacker. Browser hijackers are very annoying to deal with but the good thing about them is that it is very obvious if you have the infection. Your browser’s settings will be changed and its domain will become your homepage, new tabs and search engine. Hijackers usually try to redirect users to sponsored content but it does not seem that this hijacker is capable of doing that.
The search engine, which is usually used for redirecting purposes, does not work and generates zero results. It does not even try to pretend to be useful. While this hijacker is pretty harmless, you should be aware that some threats of this kind could lead users to malware and it could end in a serious infection. This is why hijackers do not belong on your computer. Delete KwanZy.com.
How does a hijacker spread?
Browser hijackers use a rather deceptive method of infecting systems. They are attached to free software as extra offers that are set to install automatically but are hidden. Thus you do not even notice how they install. Those users who usually rush installation processes are the ones who end up with all kinds of unwanted threats on their computers. If you want to prevent unwanted installations, opt for Advanced or Custom settings when installing freeware. Those settings, unlike Default, will make all extra offers visible and you will be able to deselect them. If you use Default settings, you will have no one to blame when you end up having to remove KwanZy.com or similar later on.
Why uninstall KwanZy.com?
Like we stated earlier, it is very easy to spot a hijacker infection. Your browser’s settings will be changed and the hijacker’s domain will become your homepage, new tabs and search engine. It will happen on all leading browsers installed on your computer, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. And until you delete KwanZy.com, you will be unable to change the alterations. Your new homepage looks very basic and reminds of the early days of the Internet. It’s also very different from legitimate search engines so you will quickly notice that something is wrong. If you try to search for something using the provided search engine, you will not get any results. No matter what you search for, it will always claim: “There are no results matched your requested keywords. Please try different keywords”. Obviously, you have no need for this. Remove KwanZy.com.
You have two options when it comes to KwanZy.com removal. There is the options of obtaining professional removal software and having it take care of everything. If you go with this method, obtain anti-spyware software that best suits your needs. You can also erase the hijacker manually but you would need to find the hijacker yourself.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove KwanZy.comUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall KwanZy.com. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like KwanZy.com and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
WiperSoft Review Details WiperSoft (www.wipersoft.com) is a security tool that provides real-time security from potential threats. Nowadays, many users tend to download free software from the Intern ...
How Kaspersky Lab Works? Without a doubt, Kaspersky is one of the top anti-viruses available at the moment. According to computer experts, the software is currently the best at locating and destroyin ...
Step 1. Uninstall KwanZy.com and related programs.
Remove KwanZy.com from Windows 8
Right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel choose Programs and Features and select to Uninstall a software.
Uninstall KwanZy.com from Windows 7
Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features → Uninstall a program.
Delete KwanZy.com from Windows XP
Click Start → Settings → Control Panel. Locate and click → Add or Remove Programs.
Remove KwanZy.com from Mac OS X
Click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications. Select applications folder and look for KwanZy.com or any other suspicious software. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash, then right click the Trash icon and select Empty Trash.
Step 2. Delete KwanZy.com from your browsers
Terminate the unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
- Tap the Gear icon and go to Manage Add-ons.
- Pick Toolbars and Extensions and eliminate all suspicious entries (other than Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Oracle or Adobe)
- Leave the window.
Change Internet Explorer homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of your browser and click Internet Options.
- In General Tab remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Press Apply to save changes.
Reset your browser
- Click the Gear icon and move to Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Choose Delete personal settings and pick Reset one more time.
- Tap Close and leave your browser.
- If you were unable to reset your browsers, employ a reputable anti-malware and scan your entire computer with it.
Erase KwanZy.com from Google Chrome
- Access menu (top right corner of the window) and pick Settings.
- Choose Extensions.
- Eliminate the suspicious extensions from the list by clicking the Trash bin next to them.
- If you are unsure which extensions to remove, you can disable them temporarily.
Reset Google Chrome homepage and default search engine if it was hijacker by virus
- Press on menu icon and click Settings.
- Look for the “Open a specific page” or “Set Pages” under “On start up” option and click on Set pages.
- In another window remove malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Under the Search section choose Manage Search engines. When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search websites. You should leave only Google or your preferred search name.
Reset your browser
- If the browser still does not work the way you prefer, you can reset its settings.
- Open menu and navigate to Settings.
- Press Reset button at the end of the page.
- Tap Reset button one more time in the confirmation box.
- If you cannot reset the settings, purchase a legitimate anti-malware and scan your PC.
Remove KwanZy.com from Mozilla Firefox
- In the top right corner of the screen, press menu and choose Add-ons (or tap Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously).
- Move to Extensions and Add-ons list and uninstall all suspicious and unknown entries.
Change Mozilla Firefox homepage if it was changed by virus:
- Tap on the menu (top right corner), choose Options.
- On General tab delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Press OK to save these changes.
Reset your browser
- Open the menu and tap Help button.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Press Refresh Firefox.
- In the confirmation box, click Refresh Firefox once more.
- If you are unable to reset Mozilla Firefox, scan your entire computer with a trustworthy anti-malware.
Uninstall KwanZy.com from Safari (Mac OS X)
- Access the menu.
- Pick Preferences.
- Go to the Extensions Tab.
- Tap the Uninstall button next to the undesirable KwanZy.com and get rid of all the other unknown entries as well. If you are unsure whether the extension is reliable or not, simply uncheck the Enable box in order to disable it temporarily.
- Restart Safari.
Reset your browser
- Tap the menu icon and choose Reset Safari.
- Pick the options which you want to reset (often all of them are preselected) and press Reset.
- If you cannot reset the browser, scan your whole PC with an authentic malware removal software.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.