What is LambdaLocker?
LambdaLocker is a file-encrypting virus, known as ransomware. LambdaLocker is a dangerous infection because once it is on your computer, it will start encrypting your files. If you have never encountered ransomware before, you should be aware that very rarely can files be decrypted. The most likely way you got infected must have been via spam emails or fake downloads. You probably opened an infected email attachment or used unreliable websites for downloads.
When it enters your computer, it encrypts your files and demands that you pay to get them back. If you are thinking about paying the ransom, we suggest you reconsider. Cyber criminals are not obligated to send you the decryption key even if you pay. You might end up losing not only your files but your money as well. Instead of following the demands, we suggest you delete LambdaLocker. And if you had backup prior to infection, you can restore your files from there after you remove LambdaLocker.
What does LambdaLocker do?
One of the main ways ransomware spreads is via spam email attachments and fake downloads. An infected file is attached to an email and sent to hundreds of unsuspecting users. Even though users have been warned for years about the dangers of opening email attachments left and right, they still do and opening it is all it takes to get infected. Never open email attachments from users you do not know without first making sure that what you are about to open is safe. We must also warn you that you should not trust non legitimate web pages with secure downloads. Only download/update software from official websites because otherwise you might end up with ransomware.
As soon as this threat enters your system, it will use the AES-256 and SHA-256 encryption algorithms to make your files unreadable. All affected files will have the .lambda_l0cked file extension added to them. When the encryption process is complete, the victim will be presented with a ransom note in either English or Chinese. The developers will explain everything that has happened and how to decrypt the files. You are asked to pay 0.5 Bitcoin (around $448 at the time of writing) and the developers will supposedly send you a way to decrypt the files. You are even provided with websites where you can buy the Bitcoins. In any case, you should not even consider paying the ransom as there is little chance that your files will be decrypted. The cyber criminals might just take your money and not send you anything in return. Remove LambdaLocker. And if you had backup, you could just restore the files from there after you delete LambdaLocker.
You will have to acquire anti-malware software to erase LambdaLocker from your computer. Manual LambdaLocker removal is not recommended as you could end up damaging your computer.
Automated Removal Tools
Download Removal Toolto remove LambdaLockerUse our recommended removal tool to uninstall LambdaLocker. Trial version of WiperSoft provides detection of computer threats like LambdaLocker and assists in its removal for FREE. You can delete detected registry entries, files and processes yourself or purchase a full version.
Reimage Repair is a legitimate utility that can be used to remove virus damage from your computer thus improving its working ability. The application comes in two different versions: the full version, ...
Why You Need to Download Spyhunter 4? Every day malware becomes more and more powerful and sneaky. It evolves at unbelievable speed while hackers come up with new ways to avoid detection by security ...
While the creators of MalwareBytes anti-malware have not been in this business for long time, they make up for it with their enthusiastic approach. Statistic from such websites like CNET shows that th ...
Step 1. Delete LambdaLocker using Safe Mode with Networking.
Remove LambdaLocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click on Start and select Shutdown.
- Choose Restart and click OK.
- Start tapping F8 when your PC starts loading.
- Under Advanced Boot Options, choose Safe Mode with Networking.
- Open your browser and download the anti-malware utility.
- Use the utility to remove LambdaLocker
Remove LambdaLocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- On the Windows login screen, press the Power button.
- Tap and hold Shift and select Restart.
- Go to Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Start Settings.
- Choose Enable Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking under Startup Settings.
- Click Restart.
- Open your web browser and download the malware remover.
- Use the software to delete LambdaLocker
Step 2. Restore Your Files using System Restore
Delete LambdaLocker from Windows 7/Windows Vista/Windows XP
- Click Start and choose Shutdown.
- Select Restart and OK
- When your PC starts loading, press F8 repeatedly to open Advanced Boot Options
- Choose Command Prompt from the list.
- Type in cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and press Enter.
- Click Next in the new window and select the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next again and click Yes to begin the system restore.
Delete LambdaLocker from Windows 8/Windows 10
- Click the Power button on the Windows login screen.
- Press and hold Shift and click Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot and go to Advanced options.
- Select Command Prompt and click Restart.
- In Command Prompt, input cd restore and tap Enter.
- Type in rstrui.exe and tap Enter again.
- Click Next in the new System Restore window.
- Choose the restore point prior to the infection.
- Click Next and then click Yes to restore your system.
2-remove-virus.com is not sponsored, owned, affiliated, or linked to malware developers or distributors that are referenced in this article. The article does not promote or endorse any type of malware. We aim at providing useful information that will help computer users to detect and eliminate the unwanted malicious programs from their computers. This can be done manually by following the instructions presented in the article or automatically by implementing the suggested anti-malware tools.
The article is only meant to be used for educational purposes. If you follow the instructions given in the article, you agree to be contracted by the disclaimer. We do not guarantee that the artcile will present you with a solution that removes the malign threats completely. Malware changes constantly, which is why, in some cases, it may be difficult to clean the computer fully by using only the manual removal instructions.